Monday, June 27, 2011

A brand new term

Today started a brand new term for my kids. In a way, I am thankful that they went back to school. At least I get to have some quiet time in the morning to sort out my thoughts and to do list. I am also in the midst of updating some data to prepare for next year's class reunion for my classmates. So that took up a big portion of my time but I am happy to do it.

Initially I wanted to bake a cake for tomorrow's breakfast but I changed my mind as I didn't want too much sugary stuff for my son. He had been given a doctor’s appointment on 6th July. Most likely he will be put back onto Ritalin once again to control his disorder.

If you have child attached to Child Guidance Clinic, your file will be wiped off if you deferred for a year. I wasn’t told and I took it too lightly that his data will be in the system. Thanks to the school, now I don't have to re queue and be waitlisted in the never ending queue. I pray that this will work out better for him and able to help or teach him how to handle his life.

I am slowly finding peace within myself. Perhaps, now that I know he has got ODD. I kind of give him that benefit whenever he opposed what I told him to do. I am learning and I hope our relationship will heal.

Well, now let’s go to the kitchen for some fun. I still have nearly half a bag of rye flour so I went on to make two loaves of Rye and caraway seed bread.

Photobucket

While grinding the caraway seeds, the fragrant from this spice was simply captivating. The sense is really strong in a pleasant way. I didn’t add on raisins as I wanted it to pair with something savoury.

Ever since I bought this book and learnt the method, I find that bread making is becoming much easier. I believe I am getting the hang of it especially recipes taken from the book.

The texture is really nice. Next round, I will give a few spray of water before I put in the dough to create a crust. Overall, I am very pleased with the result.

Photobucket

I have tried quite a few recipes from Richard Reinhart’s book and to those who are like me, new to bread making and clueless, I strongly recommend you get buy this.

Now I can bake my own artisan bread at half the price. Yea!

I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Jasmine from Sweetylicious

What you need:

400g bread flour
100g rye flour
10g fresh yeast
10g salt
350g water
1 tbsp caraway (pound to release flavour)

Method

Mix the two flours together.

Rub in the yeast with the flour.

Add the salt and water. Mix to form a soft dough.

Pour onto a floured surface and knead till it is not sticky.

Add caraway seeds and do the final knead to distribte it evenly.

Round it into a ball and placed it in a floured bowl and proof for one hour or till double in size.

Punch down and divide dough into two. Shape into a ball and let it rest for 10 mins.

Now shape the ball into a loaf shaped. Let it proof covered for another one hour.

Preheated oven of 250 degree. Turn down to 220 degree and baked the dough for 30 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin