Thursday, January 12, 2006

First for the year

My oven has been "on holiday" since December. Partly due to the hectic December holiday and also I felt so lazy and tired all the time. Simply had no mood to do anything interesting even though I have been diligently browsing for new recipes. 

As usual, I couldn't sleep so instead of rolling and tossing in bed, I dragged myself to the kitchen and baked. 

This is only one item out of the many many "I will bake/cook someday" list. Let me present to you my FIRST bake of the year.

 Photobucket

Nutella Cupcakes. (taken from Baking Sheet blog)

What you need

140 grams butter, softened
100g white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200 grams sifted plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Method

Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.

Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.

Add vanilla.

Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.

Fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full.

Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. It looks awesome, nice bake Edith :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow, Wish i can do something like that. Thanks for dropping by. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... They looks so yummy! I love Nutella too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, the 1/2 tsp vanilla is 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin