My mom used to complain
that she is tired of thinking up the menu daily. I can't blame her as she
has to cook two main meals a day.
During her era she doesn't
have the internet as inspiration. I am blessed in a way that I have many
friends who love to bake and cook and they are my inspiration! Thanks
gals!
I have tried buying fish
paste at the supermarket before and I hated it. When we were young, mom
will travel all the way to Chinatown wet market to get 西刀鱼肉 which is my
favourite. I remembered those are really fresh and there is always a
queue for it.
While checking out my
facebook, I saw someone posted this fish paste omelette roll and it looks yummy.
Since my kids love omelette, I decided to give this a try from the usual uninspiring
recipe that we always used. Thanks to AL
who pointed out to me where I can get some decent fish paste.
My girl had fun helping
out frying the omelette and dicing the onions and chillies.
Indeed a nice change from
the boring omelette that I used to prepare for the family.
Next on the list was an
impromptu decision to do a steam dish. My family is not really tuned to eating much
steamed food (only have to blame myself) but I am glad that they were happily
lapping up this Steamed Pork Patties with pickle vegetable 冬菜 !
Sorry for the poor
lighting as it was getting dark by the time I finished cooking.
Am really exciting as my little one will be done with her exam by tomorrow! Yes, time to start planning fun activities to do.


Fish paste omelette roll looks good. Can share where to buy good fish paste? Near our house I hope. :p
ReplyDeleteI agree, cooking up two meals a day can be a challenge, even though I don't cook.
PAB, I got mine from Toa Payoh Market. The one near blk 123.
DeleteYummy..
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteHi Edith,
ReplyDeleteFish paste omelette roll looks great!
I was reading this recipe that day in a bookshop, sounds good. Your steam pork patties with pickles is also one of my childhood favourite..:)
mui..^^
:)
Deletethat's a fresh idea of that fish paste omelette! did you fry the omelette first and then put the fish paste in and steam later?
ReplyDeleteActually I saw this quite sometime but never really gotten to doing it till now as my last time using supermarket fish paste was horrible. Yes you got the method correct. But I fried it after steaming to crispy the omelette a bit.
ReplyDelete