Actually I am quite surprised that my younger gal is having a school break today. I thought Youth Day was only meant for secondary school kids. Memory is definitely fading fast these days.
Today I decided to try a new recipe. I tried making French crepes before but I was curious how a Japanese crepe taste like (Rice crepe).
I was a little heavy handed with the batter and ended up with a thick crepe but I make up by using Durian cream.
I will definitely retry this recipe for I believe it is even better if it is thinner.
Happy Youth Day son.
BTW, I am organising a blogger's get together. If you are keen, kindly leave me a comment over here.
Am targetting this event to be in end July.
Sorry, the event is fully taken up. Invitation closed.
What you need:
120g rice flour
40g castor sugar
390g milk
4 eggs
Method:
Mix all ingredients together till you get a smooth paste. Let it rest for 5 mins.
Heat a shallow pan with butter, pour half a ladle of batter to form a thin crepe.
Cook till it turn brown and flip to the other side and continue cooking.
Dress your crepes with your favourite fillings.
Monday, July 02, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Edith, I like this version of crepes with durian cream too.
ReplyDeleteBtw if you like those Argywood leaves, I can send you some. I sometimes pick more and sun-dried them for later use. Do email me if you are interested. My email is sdpui@yahoo.com.
i dont even know there's a japanese version of crepes, will need to google and find out!
ReplyDeleteHi Edith
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment in my blog. I loves to eat pancakes and crepes and I am trying to make crepes very soon too.
We adore both thin and fluffy pancakes. Yours with durian cream sounds heavenly.
ReplyDeleteHi Mui Mui, sorry for the delayed response as I was ill. So coincidentally, my aunt managed to get hold of the Argywood leaves when I told her about you and the leaves. So now I am happy to see a pot in my garden but according to her, the uncle who gave her the plant said it was not the true breed type.
ReplyDeleteLeave, yah also first time I came across.
Hello Mel.
Angie, congrats on your book.