Monday, October 17, 2011

Another round

I still have some sweet potato left after our Ang Koo Kueh project.

As I didn't know what else I should cook with it, I decided to turn it into another favourite snack of ours, Edith's Fried Sweet Potato Balls.

This snack definitely brings back fond memories of my childhood.

Photobucket

So is this the shortest post I ever posted?

I am pleased to submit this post to this month's AB event, Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.

What you need:

500g sweet potato
225g glutinous rice flour
10g corn flour
10g rice flour
170g castor sugar (adjust to your taste)
100ml water

Method:

Brush and clean sweet potato, cut into quarter and steam till soft. Scoop the flesh out and discard skin. Mashed while it is hot.

Add sugar. Mixed thoroughly.

Add in all the flours and water. Knead till it forms smooth dough.

Weigh about 14g each and roll into a ball.

Heat oil in wok and fry the balls to golden brown.

Cool and serve.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. so are you satisifed with these potato balls? i feel like i'm craving for it now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice, I think I'm gonna try them but with purple ones...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your food pictures and want to invite you to try out tastingspot.com. it's for anyone that just wants another place to submit photos and share it will other foodies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin