Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A very short week

This week is really short working week. The kids actually go to school for one day and that's that, it will be a week of school holiday. I am definitely not complaining as there won't be a 6 am alarm.

Unfortunately life is not so, we have already gotten a memo from the principal to urge us to start revision with our kids, in preparation for the final exam!

Haiz... that is the set back of staying in Singapore. It is a clean and safe city with great infra structure and politically stable. Standard of living though is getting tough but still it is manageable but I just wish that they will be a little less hard on the kids. Let them have some childhood please.

I am sure this one week holiday will fly past easily. Initially I wanted to bring my girl to get her tested. I was worried that she might have some learning disability but on Sat, I met someone in church and she gives me a light of hope. She is a chiropractor and she did a brief examination on my daughter. She felt that my daughter's neck is not aligned and thus resulted in poor blood flow and she suspected more but I will need to bring her to further assessed.

Now I hope she will have a free slot for me.

I made some fruit tarts for tea. I was first captivated by the name of the recipe, Tender Pie Dough. This new recipe is extremely easy to handle, though there seems to be considerable shrinkage. I am not too sure how to solve this, perhaps you do.

Photobucket

This crust is well received by my family as well and if it is not that my son is on diet, I am sure he will have many. As for the pastry cream, I used the same recipe as here.

I am submitting the cherry pie to Aspiring Bakers #10: Easy As Pie ( August 2011) hosted by Janine of Not The Kitchen Sink

Source: Sarabeth's Bakery

Tender Pie Crust

What you need:

158g unsalted butter
356g plain flour
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp + 1 tsp castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Method:

Beat butter till smooth about 2 mins.

Drizzle in milk. The mixture should be fluffy and smooth.

Mix the flour, sugar and salt together.

Add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix till the dough come together.

Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead a few times till it is smooth and supple.

Divide the dough in half and shape into a disc of 1" thick. Chill.

Thaw a little before roll to the required thickness and shaping into a pie mould.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. These fruit tarts are very delicious for all occasions. I can easily eat 3-5 of these at a go. Yum!

    Enjoy your very-short week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Zoe, me too!

    Thanks Yummy bakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrant colors from the berries.  I love fruit tarts and this looks like a nice recipe to try next time. Yup, stuck home with the kiddos for the rest of the week too. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi edith, did you bake blind the shells? Try weighing them down with beans or baking weights over greaseproof paper. It works for me quite well.

    Anyway, the recipe looks inda incomplete? What do we do after the dough is chilled?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fruit tarts. They are pretty and delicious and makes me think it is not so sinful. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin