Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air and an announcement

Can love be still in the air when you are married for nearly 20 years?

As you might recall, I am now attending a parenting course and one of the topic touched on couple's relationship. The speaker was saying that if a couple's relationship is not strong, the kids can feel it. According to the speaker, it takes 1 bad : 5 good for a healthy relationship. If you find it takes 1 bad : 8 good, then RED ALERT.

There is no such thing as a PERFECT relationship. It is okay to quarrel but at the end of the day, our kids must be able to see their parents make up and be friends again.

Thus it is important for us, dad and mom to stay close. One point the speaker stressed is that holding hands is important in a couple’s life.

In my opinion, getting married is an easy task but staying married required lots of effort from both parties. Especially stay home mother, very often we are the neglected lot. We are neglected by the society, neglected by our family and neglected even by ourselves.

Thus before others can love us, we need to love ourselves more. We need to doll up as often as possible. We need to change our status from being homemaker to perhaps Internal Domestic Director? Give yourself a fancy title if it makes you feel good. We need to make our self worth much more.

With love being in the air, for my hubby, kids, family and friends who don’t judge me for who I am and accepted the way I am. I love you all.

Since hubby is out of town, yes what perfect timing. Not that we are doing a big bash on this occasion but at least a nice dinner together will be fun.

Whatever it is, though disappointed, I have learnt to carry on life as per normal.

Over the weekend, my failed cupcakes were too embarrassing to serve; for being a silly me, I didn't follow the golden rule of baking. That is to read the recipe THREE times. Apparently, one step was missing.

So I tell myself I will have to do it again especially when my goal now is to finish up the tub of egg whites.

These little cuppies are nice and soft. It is very much like the Japanese Cheese Cake that I baked before. So if you like that kind of texture, do give this a try. You might like it especially when you ran out of idea on how to use up your egg whites. A pity if you throw them away.

Photobucket

I am submitting it to Aspiring Bakers #4 Love is in the air (Feb 2011) hosted by Ellena of Cuisine Paradise.

Hahaha... my heart cuppies look like all have broken hearts!

Happy Valentine's everyone.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I can't revive my old email account!!! And I am truly sorry if it spammed your mail box.

If you are trying to reach me by email, buzz me over at Facebook.

In the meantime, I hope Yahoo can help me to reactivate the account. I will totally break my heart if they can’t do that.

Source: Life is like a long Journey blog.

What you need:

60g Cream Cheese
100g milk
30g butter
80g cake flour
20g corn flour
200g egg white (room temperature)
1/4 tsp salt
80g sugar
1.5tsp of Chocolate emulco (I added this to create some flavour)

Method

Preheat oven to 160 - 170 degree.

In a saucepan, heat cream cheese, butter and milk on low heat till cheese and butter melted. Sieve and cool.

In a bowl, add salt to egg white and whisk till frothy. Add in sugar in 3 additions and beat till stiff peak.

Add flour to cool cream cheese mixture and mix well.

Add in chocolate emulco and blend well.

Fold in 1/3 of the egg white to the cream cheese mixture. Blend well.

Gently fold in the remaining egg white to the cheese mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX.

Pour the batter to nearly the brim of the cupcake cups. The cake will shrink upon cool.

Place the cupcake in tray and filled it with hot water to the half mark of the cup.

Bake for 20 - 25 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Edith the cuppies look gorgeous!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,
    Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have loads of egg whites leftovers thanks to Kueh Lapis making during CNY as well and am trying to make use of them quickly. I absolutely agree with you on your thoughts on family and love. Very touching words there. In difficult times, its really their unfailing love that sees us through. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy valentine's day Edith! In any case, my valentine's celebration has to hold off too, hope that comforts you a little, hahaha! Hope your email account will be resolved soon....and yah, I got a few spams emails from you, but I already reckon must be some email problem you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cuppies texture looks so soft, just like those that will "melt in your mouth" ! Should be very delectable !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting... from the marriage story to the cuppies.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day Edith! As I still have some egg whites in my fridge, I would definitely like to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

    Travellingfoodies, nice of you to drop by. Happy Valentine's day to you.

    HBS, yah I know so too coz i have many recipes that friends shared stored in my yahoo mail. Able that hard dish crashed. haiz.... nothing is forever.

    Thanks Chunky cookies for dropping by. Try it, it is very soft.

    Thanks Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, my husband has a meeting tonight so we cant celebrate too. Anyway I am not romantic kind of person, to me doesnt matter, lucky husband has such wife like me hahaha... the cuppies still look good to me, look doesnt matter much as long as taste is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the thoughts of "LOVE" and your lovely egg whites cake. Now i know what to do with those "whites" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very touching write up you posted re love, kids and family bonding. I too left work many years back, so I call myself, Minister of Domestic Affairs. Totallly agree with you that we need to doll ourselves up on appropriate occasions lest we be dubbed 'yellow face housewives'! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Edith for giving me another idea to finish off my egg whites! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thks Edith for the post today
    u really made me feel much better!

    today is Vday and I was sick cant do anything for my family - felt so sad til I read ur posting

    Love is in the air every single day with our loved ones around us
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edith, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on relationship. I'll remember that always. Thank you. =)

    I love how you came up with the title of Internal Domestic Officer. LOL!

    Nice cupcakes lar ... No matter how they turned out to be, your hubby and kids will always love and cherish you for who you are. You've got a friend waving over at you from KL! HELLO!

    I hope you're feeling better now. Sorry for that your hubby has to be out of town this time of year.

    Take care, Edith! I do miss you! Buzz me when you get to swing by KL! Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have eggs whits in my fridge still! the scenario you painted for me is, life isnt easy. but true love stay and it'll see you through rain or shine (:
    psst, those cuppies look lovely and yummy! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cups are so cute ! Where did you buy them ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jess, my hubby and I also not that romantic too. But sometime it is nice to spend time together on such romantic day. hahaha..

    CP, hope when you try it you will like it.

    Hi Cheah, great for you. I think self worth is very impt for us.

    Wen, hope all is well.

    Hi Alice, I am happy you felt much better.

    Pei-Lin, you are very sweet and I miss you too.

    The Sweetylicious, life has never been easy but it is the challenges that we faced that makes it interesting.

    The Experimental Cook, it was long ago, I think I got it from online Wilton.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a very very wise advise on keeping relationships going. and i am completely agreeing with you on that. Your cupcakes look cute and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin