Monday, October 25, 2010

It is a PERFECT Monday!

I am up and running again. Many thanks for all your care and concern (via emails and comments). I really appreciate it. The love you given are even better than medication.

Last weekend was definitely a good resting period for me. Thankfully, hubby was around and he ferried the kids for their lesson while I rested at home (in peace).

I spent whatever time I had (be in on the sofa or in the bedroom) dozing away. Cat nap is better than no rest.

This morning, I was telling myself that I am wrong about the weather. The haze seems to be gone. On the way home, I witnessed a nice skyline and then next I saw black cloud looming in the distance from the west. Instead of feeling gloomy that a wet day is coming on a blue Monday, I welcome it!

I was hoping that this heavy downpour will clear the sky ever more. On the bad note, I secretly wished that it is a sunny day as well because I am doing a fondant cake for a client and it is sweating like mad. Luckily, there isn't much 3D, or else I am sure to stress out as the client only come by to pick up the cake in the evening.

I am not going to let this ruin my day, I am not going to let my inconsiderate neighbour ruined my day too. For those who visited me before, I am sure the front door to the rubbish chute is no distance too far to take the bag of rubbish. Instead she left it by the lift entrance. Totally no shame, that we are seeing her disgusting action. What is wrong with her?

Okay, great I let it off my chest, now I am going to carry on my daily life.

Today has been good to me as well as I managed to tick off many to do items on my list.

A recipe from a library book caught my eyes as well. I was eager to try out as I was telling A that I wonder how a Steamed Brownie taste like.

I was told that too much baking is actually bad for face as it creates more pigmentation. I definitely have pigmentation but whether from baking or not, it has yet to be proven. Nevertheless, I am glad that I have found another way to have my cakes!

This Steamed Brownie is really easy to prepare and it tasted great too. Do try it!

Photobucket

Source: Magic Steamed Cake

What you need:

A
100g butter
85g chocolate

B
180g castor sugar
3 eggs (large)

C
20g cocoa powder
170g plain flour
1 1/4 tsp double action baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

D
120g chopped walnut (I omitted as my gal said she did't want them)

Method

Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler till chocolate melted. Set aside.

Whisk egg with sugar till sugar dissolved. Add in cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well.

Sieve C and then it to the chocolate/egg mixture.

Add the walnuts.

Pour into a 8" X 8" square pan (or 22 X 20cm).

Steam on high for 30 mins. Set aside to cool.

Coat with ganache.
Print Friendly and PDF

24 comments:

  1. Looks deliciously moist, dense and chocolatery! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost wanted to buy that book.
    It seems a lot of bloggers are trying out recipes from the book.
    Take care and rest well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looks moist! Wonder if the flavour is as strong as when it's baked?
    Edith, glad that you're up and about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Edith,

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Do take care ya.

    I actually welcome wet weather too. the haze is terrible and I hate the smell in the air. Makes on feel uneasy.

    nice steamed brownie you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wen.

    BT, Thanks for your concern. Yes the haze was really terrible and I am looking forward to more clear sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, Didn't know many bloggers trying out this book. I guess I was lucky to spotted this book @ the library. hehe. Thanks for your concern.

    J, the taste and texture is different in a nice way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brownie looks really delicious!
    Glad you got a good start to the week. And no, I really don't think too much baked goods cause the pigmentation. It's the UV rays... So, go on; don't stop baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, glad to hear that you are feeling better now. I have not try any steam cake, you are tempting me with this moist brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to know that you are well and up again! Good to see nice and cheery post from you again! ;)
    Steamed brownie looks like a wondeful dessert to have! I shall try it after the children's exams are over. Thanks for sharing.
    Btw, I realised you've been making a lot of brownies lately... Brownie craze?

    ReplyDelete
  10. NEL, haha I am glad it is not the baking that moi got pigmentation!

    Jess, it is much easier than baking.

    Jane, only twice. One baked and one steamed! Actually it had been a long time since I last done brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthy steam brownie and looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to know that things are back to normal again for you. :) BTW, this brownie looks much lighter then the usual brownie... A must try!! Thanks for sharing this. :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
    Love the ganache on the brownie, looks chocolatey goood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. DG, healthy I am not sure but delicious yes!

    Thanks HBS, book picture looks darker but I don't know why mine is not.

    Thanks Hearty Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're feeling better now.

    Steamed brownie? Great! I like moist brownies and most baked ones are hard and dry. Definitely going to try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have never tried making a steamed cake, sounds really good, like the idea of a steamed cake for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made this yesterday, gave some to friends and all gave thumbs up :)

    No time to blog about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have never tried making a steamed cake, sounds really good, like the idea of a steamed cake for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
    Love the ganache on the brownie, looks chocolatey goood!

    ReplyDelete
  20. NEL, haha I am glad it is not the baking that moi got pigmentation!

    Jess, it is much easier than baking.

    Jane, only twice. One baked and one steamed! Actually it had been a long time since I last done brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm happy to know that you are well and up again! Good to see nice and cheery post from you again! ;)
    Steamed brownie looks like a wondeful dessert to have! I shall try it after the children's exams are over. Thanks for sharing.
    Btw, I realised you've been making a lot of brownies lately... Brownie craze?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Edith,

    Your steam brownie looks splendid and real tempting. Can i ask, instead of using double boiler, can I actually use a water bath?

    Thanks,
    Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  23. J I didn't even realized that. Haha

    Ash, I have not tried this method but I
    Would think it will be no prob. Set temp to 180, wrap in foil and removed it once a crust fiormed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Edith,

    I am wondering if I could mix/whisk this without having an electric mixer? I only have a hand whisk. >< Could I perhaps use the hand whisk to whisk the egg and flour, and subsequently whisk it with the chocolate mixture?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin