Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Poor little one

My daughter has been so stressed up that she woke up at 5ish this morning despite having a late night. Even though I was lying next to her, she was unable to go back to sleep. I sensed that she was worried about her homework, thus we got out of bed and went into the study to do homework at 6am!!!!

Actually the night before, she was already telling us that she won't be able to attend the Taekwondo class on Monday night as she needs to stay fresh the next day for her examination.

Let me tell you, her exam only starts next week!!! To be honest, both hubby and I are not expecting anything from her for this mid year exam. We wanted her to learn at her pace and we haven't really been asking her to do those much dreaded assessment papers.

Thus, when we heard about her "plan", we were stunned. She is not even 7 yet and she has shown maturity beyond her age. Amazing little one.

To comfort her and to soothe those tensions that she has been getting. I decided to make some muffins for her as she loves my bakes.

In fact, she has been asking me for homemade ice cream but mommy was really too busy with Cupcake Fantasies projects that I just haven't got the mood to do anything more complicated then muffins. hahahah.

This recipe that I got from Wen's Delight is absolutely divine.

The aroma that filled our house was mouth watering. In fact, when I was setting the little muffins on the cooling rack, my little one already plonked herself on the other side of the island and declared that she needed to taste my muffins.

Since I know she enjoyed sharing her food with her besties, I made them into tiny muffins so that she can bring to school tomorrow.

Thanks Wen for sharing this wonderful recipe. Indeed Ultimate Chocolate Muffins!

Note: Due to my hurry, I have left out the chocolate chips for topping. It is soft and yet moist and you are a true chocolate lover, go for these.

Photobucket

What you need:

(A)
170g Self-raising flour
70g Cocoa powder
1/2tsp Baking soda

(B)
150g Chocolate chips
190g sugar

(C)
2 Eggs
240g Buttermilk (if you are using milk - add 8g of lemon juice and top it off with milk to 240g)
120g Melted butter
1tsp Vanilla paste

Method:

Preheat oven at 180 degree C.

Sift (A) into a bowl.

Stir in (B).

Whisk (C) and pour into (1). Mix with a balloon whisk.

Scoop mixture into a muffin cup and top with chocolate chips & any nuts of your choice.

Fill it 2/3 full.

Baked at 180 degree C w/fan for 20mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Hi Precious Moment,

    Love your chocolate muffins, can't wait to try them out myself! ;0 BTW I noticed in your recipe you typed 1500g of chocolate chips...I hope you mean 150g, haha, else I'll really have to run down to the bakery supply store to get more choco chips! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is more ultimate, this or the moist choc cake?? Kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh!!! I love this.. i will sure give it a try....cos my boy simply love cake with chocolate... and is lot n lot of chocolate.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks HBS for pointing out my typo error. Now corrected.

    Chicchicbaby, i can't even remember when I done that moist choc cake. LOLz. But this one is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this looks real good. Going to do this after next week. Cannot afford to fall sick from eating all these rich chocolaty stuff during the exam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well these look great so full of dark chocolate !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This muffin is really really good !!! very moist and fluffy

    I like to use milk chocolate chips for this recipe because it blend very well with the taste

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish my dd has some stress too. She's forever taking her own sweet time to get things done. And halfway through her homework, she gets distracted and will wander off to do something else and forget all about her homework. I have to constantly remind her to finish up her work... Sigh..

    These muffins look great! Kids just recovered from cough and stuff so I'm going to put this on hold first. My To-Do list is getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edith. I am Spanish. Your muffins are spectacular. Have you used pure cocoa without sugar? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi...do you use granulated sugar or caster sugar...and can i substitute vegetable oil in place of melted butter......thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Edith. I am Spanish. Your muffins are spectacular. Have you used pure cocoa without sugar? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this looks real good. Going to do this after next week. Cannot afford to fall sick from eating all these rich chocolaty stuff during the exam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin