Friday, March 06, 2009

A trip to the zoo

My little one is having a little excursion to the zoo today.'

Definitely not the first time to the zoo but it will be a nice experience for her as a class. She is really excited and had been talking about it for two whole days. She even insisted on a new bag for her trip.

She has grown so much lately. Her speech development is terrific and somehow she developed this sense of humour in her. I really pray that she enjoys school and won't find it too challenging.

For me, I am getting cold feet on her Chinese. Ridiculously tough. How can a Primary 1 student need to study a few pages of text for Chinese Spelling? It really baffles me as I have no clue how to coach her. There are simply too many words. There isn't a list of standard words as what we will usually get.

I do recall that my son is also given a list to learn even till this date as a Primary 6 student. We, as parents need to sniff through and make sure the kid knows each and every single word from those pages.

Amazing.... what is our system trying to do? Kill the interest?

Anyway, I am not going to let it gets into me after all; my little one is only in Primary 1!!! At this moment, she should be enjoying the process of learning and not stress out by getting 100%.

I decided to make mini blueberry muffins for her to bring to the zoo as snack. Now, let’s hope she remembers to share. Note: Should reserve some berries to put on top after fillig in the tin. Mine all hidden.

Photobucket

What you need:

250g plain flour
155g castor sugar
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
250ml milk
125g corn oil
2 eggs
125g blueberries

Method

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare muffin tray.

Stir and toss together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

In another bowl, whisk together milk, oil and eggs until smooth. Add dry ingredients to the milk mixture. Stir till just blended.

Add in blueberries and stir till evenly incorporated.

Spoon onto prepared tin and baking for 15 - 20 mins.

Cool on rack.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Edith,
    I finally made something from your blog! Read my blog to know the reason ;-) Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin