Friday, August 11, 2006

At long last

I saw this printed in the newspaper some time back and it was sooooo cute. I bet my kids will love Horlicks Doggie Cookies but I repeatedly forgetting to buy coco crunch. Finally I got a box and I better get moving or else my little ones will wallop it up for me.

Since it is Friday, I wanted to do something with my kids. They were all agreeable to baking cookies. So I went along to get my stuff ready. By the time I was done with the dough, my kids got distracted, they wanted to play ball with the neighbour's kid instead. So poor mommy got to complete the task all by herself.

The greatest challenge was that I got to fix the eyes with my trembling hands :( Lonely but good fun. This is really easy and yet taste good.

Definitely a keeper to entertain kids.

Photobucket

What to need

180g butter (she recommended Golden Churn)
80g Horlicks
100g chocolate chips
200g top flour (I used SoftasSilk flour)
25g cornflour
25g milk powder
Koko Krunch

Method:

Sift the flour, cornflour and milk powder.

Cream the butter and Horlicks for 3 minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.

Add the sifted flour and beat for about one minute to form a dough.

Divide dough into 10g each.

Embed 3 chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into a ball.

Insert 2 pieces of Koko Krunch to form the ears and 1 chocolate chip as the nose.

And two chocolate rice for the eyes.

Bake at 140 °C for about 25 minutes.

Cool before storing.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Edith, these are so cute! Pls pls, throw some over! And they looks yummy too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their are so cute. Yep, don't forget to "backup" your hard drive so you don't lose this one. It sure is a "keeper".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Edith, Your doggie cookies sure look good... :) I agreed with you.. the most tiring part of making this cookies is to fix the eyes.. cos the chocolate rice is abit difficult to handler... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith,

    Such cute doggies!! I love the way you line them up for the pic, very nice shot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin