Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am back!

I spent a good 6 days of rest and relax in Movenpick Karon Phuket with some good friends and their families.

Though I have been to Phuket many times but this is the first time we stay in Karon. We love this part of the beach as it is very family oriented and not so congested and we will definitely go back again.

The hotel food was good and the facilities were awesome. The kids spent many hours in the pool playing ball and swimming. We hired a driver that takes us to some nice place for our meals as well as activities like go karting, ATV and BB gun. We also spent a day in Coral island doing kayaking and para-sailing for the older kids.

I didn't expect the kids to gel so well together. They had such a great time as well and we, as parents were extremely pleased with them.

Time passes by so quickly and though been home for already 6 days, my list of to do doesn't seem to end.

This blogger’s party came at a perfect timing for me as I really needed some "me" time after working so hard the past few days.

After our Cook with Love event in October, we decided to meet up again so that we can connect properly. Initial plan was to gather in some cafe or restaurant but knowing us, there are plenty to share. Thus, J volunteered her condo function room this time round.

An afternoon passed by so quickly, there were so much to share among like minded people. Speaking the same lingo bonded us even further. With a wonderful spread of goodies shared by my fellow bloggers, I wish my tummy was more expandable to eat more.

Didn't have a chance to take a proper picture of my contribution but I am pleased that I got a very good review on this Banana Loaf

This loaf is moist, soft and delicious.

Photobucket

I also done some muffin based on the same author but it turned out to be a disappointment. I strongly suspect that I overmixed it. Overall taste was not that bad actually. Will try it again later on.

Photobucket

By The Batter Baker - Liquer Chocolate Cake

Photobucket

By Busy Gran's Kitchen - Sambal Sandwiches

Photobucket

By Tested and Tasted - Konnyaku Jelly. Sorry D, I missed out your Macaroni Cheese

Photobucket

By Sugar and Everything Nice - Chicken Drumlets

Photobucket

By Baking Library - Pizza Pie

Photobucket

By Baking Library - Chocolate chip cookies

Photobucket

By Passionate about Baking - Blondies

Photobucket

BySweet and Happy Ending - Potato Salad

Photobucket

Sorry couldn't take better pictures but I can ensure you that each and everyone is delicious. If you are interested, you might find the recipe in the respective blogs.

Thanks gals and guy, I had a very great time and see you all in 2011.

Cheers

Recipe source: Small Cakes - Roger Pizey

What you need:

2 bananas, mashed or puree
150g unsalted butter
230g castor sugar
50g ground hazelnuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
175g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
133g sour cream

Method

Greased and lined a 18X7X8 cm deep loaf tin.

Preheat oven to 170 degree c.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in ground hazelnuts and followed by eggs.

Sift in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well together.

Mix in the sour cream and finally add in the bananas.

Pour into pan and bake for 20 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Wow all the food looks awesome! I miss out so much fun! Glad all of u had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear you all finally had the time to sit down, eat together and engaged in a bonding session. Nice spread of food you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, you blog in the middle of the night?
    Great that you had a wonderful time in Phuket. I shall check out the place that you have been so that maybe I'll visit it next time. I've only been to Phuket once, perhaps time to go back again. :)
    Thanks so much for sharing the recipe to your banana loaf. We were all looking forward to it, it's so moist and fragrant! Thanks for sharing your parenting experience with us too! We really have lots of stuff to talk about besides food! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are super fast! I had fun there too and enjoyed the great foods there. I love your banana loaf, it is moist & delicious, I will definitely give a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lad that you blogging again! Have been missing your posts lately. :) envy envy! Wish I was invited too for the blogger gathering....the food looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you and your kids had a good time. Should take more breaks like that. Love your cake! Regretted not having more! Thanks for the recipe. Now I can have more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wen, pity you can't join us but there will be the next real soon.

    Pei Lin, always nice to meet up with like minded friends.

    PAB, I was downloading pictures and since I am at it might as well. Got too excited after all the food and chat that I can't sleep! hahaha

    DG, it was nice to get to know you better.

    HBS, mmm... didn't know you are not aware of this gathering. I guess it was from the spin off of the Cook with Love event. Next time join us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody for preparing the the food. I enjoyed the food as well as getting to know some of you better. I feel so pai say for not contributing toward the food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi EDITH!It was great knowing you better during the meetup.:))

    Anyway, I am craving a slice of your banana cake. Infact I want it now! =]]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Edith,

    It sure was an afternoon of fun and joy at the meetup. I love ur banana cake to bits. I think I took about 2 or 3 slices of it. The sour cream sure made magic out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin