Sunday, March 21, 2010

Restless

We have been really busy for the past two days. So after doing our grocery and done with our Japanese Curry lunch today.

We just don't feel like leaving the house. The weather is really nice and cool. Actually best to sleep in but I was in no mood to sleep.

I was feeling restless, not the TV, not the internet, not the new collection of books can appeased me. I was yearning for some snack but I wasn't sure whether it is a cake, a pudding or something else.

In the end, I know what I wanted. I was yearning for mochi bread.

As my search wasn't successful in the past, I settled for the next best alternative.

Though it is still not close but I think this is what I am going to settle for, in the future. Gave some to my neighbours and they love it.

Have some please if you are like me, adores this little munchies.

Brazilian Cheese Bread

Photobucket

Tried coating some with soy flour which is my all time favourite.

Photobucket

Recipe adapted from Chucrute com Salsicha and translated by Simply Recipes.

What you need:
yield 58 pcs

500g tapioca flour
500g potato, cooked in water and mashed
125ml milk at room temperature
125ml vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon salt
225g hard cheese, grated
3 eggs

Method:

Mashed the potatoes after it has been cooked.

Put the tapioca flour in the mixer.

Add the potato and mix with a hook.

Add salt. Mix very well.

Add milk and continue working the dough.

Add vegetable oil. Continue working.

Add the grated cheese, and at last the eggs.

The dough needs to get very silky and be moldable.

Let the dough rest for 10 min which I finds it easier to shape.

Bake at 200 degree for 20 minutes or till golden brown.

Note: The dough can be frozen.

**************

My dear prince had been telling me to bake him some White/Dark chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies. I recalled my last attempt was back in Nov last year as I remembered bringing it along on our holiday.

I couldn't locate the recipe that I used so let's hope this one is better than the last. I also replaced half portion to dark chocolate chips as I ran out of white chocolate chips.

Photobucket

I am disappointed that my nuts and white chocolate seems to disappeared. Perhaps next time, I will sprinkle more nuts and chocolate before baking.

Recipe adapted from Field Guide to Cookies.

What you need:

283g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter
171g light brown sugar
100g castor sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla essence
245g white/dark chocolate chip
135g chopped macadamia nuts, roasted

Method:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.

Beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.

Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.

Add the flour mixture until combined.

Mix in the white/dark chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until incorporated.

Using an ice cream scoop, scoop and space them 2" apart.

Bake for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.

Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, thnk i will try out yr mochi bread recipe. I baked some with pre-mix mochi flour previously & my kids love them. Problem is the pre-mix is not easily available and quite expensive too. BTW, do u hv any idea what had happened to Florence's Do What I Like blog? I'm asking cos i am a follower of both your blogs & noticed that u r her blog pal, hope u do not mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MJ, I tried using premix too but yield no good results.

    Florence's blog is temp shut dwn. Will resume in due course I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheese bread looks nice and cute in small portions. I like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith

    Tks for the info on Florence's blog, i hope she will resume it soon!

    I've only tried making mochi bread using pre-mix so far, so i m really keen to try yr recipe. Tks 4 the generous sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith

    One more question, what type of potato do u use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen Corner, I baked it in a mini muffin tin so it is small and good for kids.

    MJ, yes I too do hope she will resume soon. I only have russet potatoes at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edith

    Tks, will try this out and let u knw the outcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edith

    I hv just baked a batch of this cheese mochi, texture is v gd indeed. I wnt to check wif u, can I substitute cheese wif choc chips or raisin instead? Tks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SEriously, I don't know coz I never tried this method. Perhaps you can let me know if you ever modify it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEriously, I don't know coz I never tried this method. Perhaps you can let me know if you ever modify it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Edith

    One more question, what type of potato do u use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cheese bread looks nice and cute in small portions. I like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin