Sunday, November 04, 2012

Changing weather

I doubt it is because of the rain that I am feeling cold in my own home.  The second half of the year is beginning to feel like autumn!

Both hubby and I are homebody people.  We dislike going to the malls.  In fact, we like to rot at home being a couch potatoes catching up on CSI, Criminal Minds and AFC.

One trailer from AFC was The Best Thing I Ever that Rocco DiSpirito was raving on and on about was the Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies from a reputable bakery in NY.  From the way the celebrity described it.  It will be a mistake not to eat it.

Perhaps you have read about my unpleasant trip to NY two years ago. Was stuck in a blizzard and didn't really have a chance to explore New York fully.  The only day trip that we had ended up really nasty that left me with a bad impression of New Yorkers and the place. 

Then again, I have many friends who enjoyed it and thus I would definitely want to go back again, perhaps not in Winter season.  Unfortunately hubby has far more interesting destination in mind and want to venture those in future. So I guess I won't have much chance going back again.

Since I won’t have a chance in this city in the near future, I decided to try my luck on the cyberworld and guess what I found.  A copycat recipe as what the author mentioned.   

These cookies came out just in time for son to come home from his Confirmation Camp. 

Thanks My Baking Addiction, my chocolate fans at home all gave a double thumbs up for it!  They couldn't resist biting it while still warm. 

Photobucket

What I find is that when eaten hot, it is still crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  The texture then changed after it is completely cooled so I am not really sure this is the closest to the original.  If you like intense chocolate cookies, these are definitely your type of tea.

Nevertheless, now I must find somewhere to hide it before it is all gone before the weekend ended.

What you need:

240g cold butter
200g castor sugar
2 eggs
45g dark cocoa powder
329g plain flour
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp baking powder
442g semi sweet chocolate chip

Method:

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in egg one at a time.

Mixed in the cocoa powder till well combined

Sift in plain flour, baking powder and salt.  Mixed to form a dough.

Add in chocolate chip and mixed thoroughly.

Using a big ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and space them 2 - 3 " apart.

Baked at 180 deg for 10 - 15 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,
    I agree with you! It's beginning to feel like X'mas already! I love the cold rainy weather, though it could be quite troublesome.
    I think you were referring to Food Network Asia (FNA) is it? I like FNA, and I know what you meant by "The best food I ever had...". Gee, your Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chips Cookies looked very good. It's unfortunate that you didn't enjoy NYC years back. I simply love NYC, and if I have the opportunity again, I'll be back. It will not be so soon though. Wish you a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah could be. Don't really pay much attention to which channel as long as there are food shows.

    I believe you did. I know quite a few friends that enjoyed NY too. Perhaps it was that blizzard that ruined everything. Then again, NYers are pretty racist and rude. Our experience was simply horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, looking at these chocolate cookies are killing me! Very tempted to bake them! :P thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin