Saturday, November 10, 2012

Awaken


I am not sure whether I am allergy to something but ever since the weather turned cold, I kept having either a blocked nose or a running nose.  Some days, I will just keep on sneezing and some day it was okay.

This morning, I was woken up by a blocked nose.  Couldn't go back to sleep as my dearest next to me started snoring.

The first thought that came to mind after I woke up was Ban Jiang Kueh.  Crazy as it sounds, but there are mornings that I will crave for something to eat.  

Decided not to waste time trying to go back to sleep.  I got out of bed and went in search of a recipe.  I know I had one tucked away somewhere but I am not going to go through my huge pile of “to do” list early in the morning.

So this is what I found from Simply June.

The result was not what I expected though hubby said it was okay.  I also find that the batter was way too thick, thus I added in more water at the last minute.

Photobucket

Overall, this is not what I am looking. 

So friends, if you have more any good recipe that you know, hope you can share with me.  Thanks.

Have a great weekend.

For my reference, I am noting down the recipe.

What you need:

170g plain flour
100g rice flour
30g corn starch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
200g water
80g sugar

Method:

Whisk everything together in a bowl.  Cling wrapped and chilled for 3 hours.

Grease pan and pour batter.

Cook till crisp on the side.






Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Yochana has a recipe for the thin variety that I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,
    Quzzine has a nice recipe which I've tried before. You can try hers. http://bakingoncloud9.blogspot.sg/2012/04/traditional-chinese-pancake.html.

    I think it's the weather which caused your blocked nose. My hubby also has blocked and running nose when the weather turned cold. He said that when we were in US, because the air is dry, even though the weather is cold, he didn't have blocked nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Will try hers the next round.

      As for the blocked nose i think so too.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Dap for pointing the direction. Will try hers for my next craving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, your kueh looks perfect. Yummy with the generous amount of peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cheah, the goodness of home made ones.

      Delete
  5. Edith,
    I agreed with Cheah.
    Your kueh look wonderful.
    I like lots of peanuts too:)
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin