Monday, October 08, 2012

Getting inspiration

These days, after my breakfast and morning paper, I will turn on my computer to pay bills and check on emails.  En route, will hop into Facebook to "kaypoh" what my friends have been up to.  Since I am at it, I will start planning our meals for the day.

Today, both kids will be home early.  Son is sitting for his second last paper and girl's CCA ended as they prepare for their final year exam.

Lunch is usually a simple affair.  One dish meal.  

For dinner, tonight we will have chicken that initially meant for my chicken curry.  After a quick surf from the internet to get inspiration, I decided on Sesame Oil Chicken.  

Remembering sesame can warm the body, I decided this should be the dish for tonight as the sinseh commented that son's feet and hands are cold, an indication that his blood flow is not in healthy range.  His advice is to wean off cold drinks.  The worst to come was that he will develop tumour in his 50s if he doesn't take care.  Geesh.... I totally freak out.  

Son being son, he will never heed such advice and mom being mom, will be at her wits' on how to make him stronger.  So let's hope this dish will bring some heat back to his body.  


Photobucket


Now I am off to search for remedy on how to improve blood circulation diet for him and I will have to put him back into that 田七 diet again.

What you need:

1 kg chicken (I used thighs), chopped to pieces
5 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp peanut oil
15 slices of young ginger, sliced thinly (you may reduce or increase to your liking)
250ml water
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
2 tbsp light soya sauce
salt and pepper to taste

a splash of cognac or DOM (optional)

Method:

Heat both oil till hot.  Add in ginger shreds and fry till fragrant.

Add in chicken pieces, and stir fry together with the ginger shreds.

Add in water, both sauces and bring to a boil.

Lower heat and slowly simmer for 20 - 30 mins or until chicken is tender and soft.

Season with salt and pepper.  

Serve hot with rice.

You can now add a splash of cognac or DOM which is optional (for confinement, you can increase the sesame oil, ginger and wine).
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. You are a doting mum. If only our kids understand how much we love them, even if it is not the way they want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I hope my kiddos think so. These days, it is seriously tough being parents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin