Thursday, September 20, 2012

The other option

I have to tell myself that from now onwards, I need to work in the morning while my helper cleans. I also need to monitor her closely if I give her those ad hoc cleaning.

Take for instance, on Tuesday, I asked her to clean the study room's shelving. She told me that the job is done when I came home after an errand. Yesterday, while trying to retrieve some files, my hands were coated with dust. Thus I spent the afternoon, watching her clean. Yes literally sat there and watch.

I came to a conclusion that her school paper qualification might not be real. For I doubt with such qualification, how can one not able to do a simple task as to take down the books/files, clean and put it back in the exact order. Her reasoning was that she will forget!

Anyway, I have no time or energy to worry about that. As long as she won't show me a black face when I wanted it to redo, I am closing both eyes.

Also I need to remember not to bake when she is around me. Her constant calling really distract me from my work.

Yes, I can't have best of both worlds. I rather one like this, blur and slow than one that is smart, rude and steal.

After having Chinese food for the last few weeks, I decided to add some variety to our meals. Since I am busy working on my project, I needed a fuss free recipe and able to get dinner done within an hour.

The last BBQ, I had this nice marinate that I took from Jaime Oliver's website. I decided use to that again but instead of BBQing it, I pan grilled it using my HCP.

Am pleased my objective is achieved and dinner was served on time and allowed my kids to start their revision early so that they can go to bed earlier and have some ME time for themselves.

I prepared the marinate sauce a day earlier. You can actually do it and store them in the fridge.

Photobucket

Source: Jaime Oliver

What you need:

4 chicken tighs
1 tbsp cumin powder
2 tbsp fennel seeds
5 cloves
salt (to taste)
pepper
lemon thyme
rosemary
1 orange zest
1 bulb garlic
4 tsp chilli powder
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp tomato paste
8 tbsp olive oil
10 bay leaves

Method:

Marinate the chicken and leave it in the fridge for a few hours (to allow the sauce to penetrate into the chicken)

Heat up HCP and grill chicken till brown.

Remove and add the remaining sauce.  Put in a little starch slurry to thicken the sauce.  Bring to a boil.

Sieve the sauce to remove all the spices.  You can season with salt and pepper.

Pour over the grilled chicken.  Serve hot and mashed potatoes and salad.

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. hhmmm Edith, this grilled chicken looks so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哇,好好吃哦!我也要做这个。。。谢谢分享^o^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes having a helper could makes things worst too! Have to spend that extra time to monitor her. Grilling the chicken with the HCP is must easier right, and no oil spill splatter all over. Looking at the ingredients marinade, it must be full of flavours. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your plight! I can fully understand since I've had a few live-in maids before. Great to know u're also a HCP user. Looking fwd to sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, rather take a slow one than a smart one with tricks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin