Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Good Bye

Sis rang to tell me that uncle went to meet up with Papa Jesus.  

I put down the phone with mixed feeling.  Sadness mixed with relief.  On one hand I am glad that he is released from all those pain that he had been sufferring especially the last one month.  He is definitely has good pain tolerance level as he was only diagnoised with Stage 4 cancer a month ago.  On the other hand, I felt sad as he is a happy go lucky uncle that I had.  Always chatty and smiling.

During CNY, he was still looking strong and well and now he is gone.  Life is just so fragile.    I am also glad that I had the honour to feed him with some of my home made food.    He also given all of us a chance to be with him on his last remaining hours.

Good bye uncle, I am sure you are in safe hands now.

******

Been a long time since I last baked bread.   Chosen this Sesame bread as I have a bottle of sesame spread in the pantry as well as organic black sesame powder that LM gave me.  (we used this to bake macaroons the last time and it was heavenly).  Still craving for sesame cream but yet to find time to buy raw sesame to make into sesame cream.  Definitely will do it once kids go back to school.

Done a bad job in spreading the sesame paste and couldn't really form that nice swirl.  Seriously needed more practise to get this right.

Couldn't wait for the loaf to cool down and I had problem slicing the bread.  Perhaps I have to seriously consider getting a bread slicing guide.  I brought this loaf to the wake and received good reviews.  17 hours method works all the time for me.





Note: Even after 2 days, the bread is still soft.
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Edith, sorry for your loss. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your bread looks so soft and spongy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always sad to hear close one passed away.... it is now always the cancer sickness! Sigh! I am deeply sorry for your loss and condolence to you and your family.
    One look at the Sesame Loaf, like moulded! But sesame seeds is good for health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel.

      After you mentioned, I took a closer look at my photo and it is indeed looked mouldy. I put way too much sesame seeds!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about that, Edith. My best wishes to you and your family/relatives during this time. I also had that bittersweet reaction when a family member passed away - sadness, yet relief that they are no longer suffering.

    Would love to try our the sesame bread one day..it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC, so I ain't the only one feeling such.

      Delete
  4. Hi Edith, my condolences to you and your family. May your uncle RIP but as you say, at least he is at peace now and with God!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Edith, my condolences to you and family..
    I must try 17 hours method one day, your bread looks soft :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. So far the 17 hours method never fail me.

      Delete
  6. Hi Edith. sorry to hear about your uncle's passing, I have seen how a closed one suffered till the end, so I understand what your mean by feeling sad and relief...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my grannies endured lots of suffering before they passed on. My granddad was the worst. So it is very ironic feeling.

      Delete
  7. Hi Edith, I can understand the feeling of loosing a loved one. It is even more difficult to face the fact especially on the first 12 months of the passing. This is the time you will really missed the person and wondering whether you have done all the best for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy, I didn't get over my granny's death for quite a while because I was outstationed and didn't get a chance to be with her during her last remaining hours. It took me years to get over a good friend's death because I didn't get a chance to say good bye. So I think giving that chance ease off a lot of pain. Next CNY there will be an emptiness I guess as we no longer have a chance to visit him.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin