Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Breakfast date

I met M when our kids were in kinder.  Just a few weeks ago, I bumped into her and realised that we are staying really near each other.   I was overjoyed!

I didn't get a chance to really mingle with my neighbours when we moved in.   First I was ill.  After I am well enough to bake, I bring my goodies to offer, their door bells don't work.  They seem awfully private. 

I need to get to know my French neighbour well! hahaha... I also noticed that there are some young families down the road. Let's hope they are friendly and I can build some new friendship over here.

Talking about this, I seriously missed the friendship that I had where I was staying before. They were the best neighbours I ever had!  Always felt so welcome. 

Back to M, plan was to have our kids get together to play for a day but the one week school holiday was impossible.

So this morning we have our breakfast date.   Morning period is the best time for homemaker like me.  Its sure been a long time since I last had a breakfast date.  It is really good to be out and have some ME time! 

See that is why I love the kids to be in school.  Anyway, I am counting down to the day that my little girl will be independent enough for me to leave them at home and go on a holiday!  "Dreaming mode"

Okay today I wanted to share with you a Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that I had done during the school holiday.  I couldn't take any picture back then because my son ate the whole jar of cookies.   So while GL was here, we done another batch, this time round, I also reduced the sugar considerably. 

Photobucket

If you like chewy cookies just like us, go figure whether this is good or not.

Source: Flour (modified)

What you need:

228g unsalted butter, room temp
90g castor sugar
150g light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
140g plain flour
150g bread flour
3g baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
255g semisweet chocolate chip
70g milk chocolate chip

What you need:

Cream sugars and butter till fluffy.

Add in eggs and vanilla and beat till incorporated.

Combine flours, baking soda and salt.  Add in chocolate chips.

Next, add the flour mixture into the butter batter and mixed till well combined.

Chill dough overnight or 1 hours before baking.

Preheat oven to 180 deg.

Baked in oven for 13 mins or till browned.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Mm, I think you will make a good neighbour. Like you, all my new neighbourly friendship is forged through cookies :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin