Monday, July 02, 2012

Happy Youth Day

Actually I am quite surprised that my younger gal is having a school break today.  I thought Youth Day was only meant for secondary school kids.  Memory is definitely fading fast these days.

Today I decided to try a new recipe.  I tried making French crepes before but I was curious how a Japanese crepe taste like (Rice crepe). 




I was a little heavy handed with the batter and ended up with a thick crepe but I make up by using Durian cream.




I will definitely retry this recipe for I believe it is even better if it is thinner.

Happy Youth Day son.

BTW, I am organising a blogger's get together.  If you are keen, kindly leave me a comment over here.

Am targetting this event to be in end July.
Sorry, the event is fully taken up. Invitation closed.

What you need:

120g rice flour
40g castor sugar
390g milk
4 eggs

Method:

Mix all ingredients together till you get a smooth paste.  Let it rest for 5 mins.

Heat a shallow pan with butter, pour half a ladle of batter to form a thin crepe.

Cook till it turn brown and flip to the other side and continue cooking.

Dress your crepes with your favourite fillings. 

Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, I like this version of crepes with durian cream too.
    Btw if you like those Argywood leaves, I can send you some. I sometimes pick more and sun-dried them for later use. Do email me if you are interested. My email is sdpui@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont even know there's a japanese version of crepes, will need to google and find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith
    Thanks for your comment in my blog. I loves to eat pancakes and crepes and I am trying to make crepes very soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We adore both thin and fluffy pancakes. Yours with durian cream sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mui Mui, sorry for the delayed response as I was ill. So coincidentally, my aunt managed to get hold of the Argywood leaves when I told her about you and the leaves. So now I am happy to see a pot in my garden but according to her, the uncle who gave her the plant said it was not the true breed type.

    Leave, yah also first time I came across.

    Hello Mel.

    Angie, congrats on your book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin