Monday, June 18, 2012

Durian durian I love you.

If you are on my facebook, you will know that I craved for durian for nearly three weeks or more.

Our first dose for this season was relatively disappointing.  You pay a premium but gotten a S$2 quality. 

Then off we went to KL, hoping to savour some but unfortunately time was an issue.  Then I was so busy and had no time or energy left to make a trip to the stall till a few days ago.

I am now a happy duck.  Yes I had my durian fix and I am happy.  I bought so much that I turned some into durian puree for future consumption.

I feel eating durian should not be solo session.  It should be eaten together with family or friends.  That brings out more joy.

With the humid weather and my love for durian.  I guess this is the best way to counter both.  Here is my Green Bean soup with durian

Photobucket

What you need:
Serve two

100g green bean, soaked overnight
30g glutinous rice, soaked overnight
Water
Sugar to taste
Durian pulp

Method:

Put green bean, glutinous rice into a pot filled with approx 500ml water.  Cooked till beans break down.  You might need to replenish water.

Once beans and rice been broken down, add sugar to taste.

Garnish with a dollop of durian pulp.

Serve either warm or cold.


I’m submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground.


Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. you'd finally gotten your durian fix! I went to get myself a box of durians from the 727 Durians we'd talked about. Very pricey!!!! 30 bucks for a square styrofoam box and its not even full... But the quality aint that bad though. Really creamy and bittersweet. The combination I like! Perhaps I was lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did. Yes 727 is very pricey. What I was disappointed when I went there, we spent S$80 for some pathetic S$2 quality. The staff told us to come by two weeks' time for good ones. I was like ???? but I was there last year and it was really good, the same price but awesomeoness. Guess they shouldn't have sell if not good quality. Now that I found another shop offers the same goodness at S$2-3 /kg cheaper, I will go there instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Durians season is in !! I think there are many durians in sgp now too.. and can u imagine there are places selling durians that are even cheaper than fuji apples... :X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm durian :) Haven't had fresh ones for soooooo long. Have to get back to Spore during the hotter months to enable my bfav fruit. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, visiting through Aspiring Bakers. I love the idea of adding durian to the green bean soup. Really unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin