Friday, June 29, 2012

A brand new Term 3

Am I settled into my new place? The answer is yes and no.

Stuffs are finally placed back to where it belonged (all grouped together). The new helper is also settling in though she still can't be totally independent. I still need to get use to her singing to herself (A happy girl which I like).

Meals cannot be unsupervised now. Can't blame her because she cannot cook but I am glad that she seems to have a positive attitude. (ahem... don't they all have before their loan are cleared).

On a negative side, we haven't yet or rather the house is still not 100% ready. There are still some minor touch ups by the contractor. For example, they needed to change all the doors because of bad scratches and chipped. The garden needed another light. Our house needed a door number. The gate needs some detailing.

Bloody Singtel really need to improve on their service. We have been waiting for them to connect our phone line for two months, going on to three!!!! Their stupid system is pay first, fixed later but if you don't come down and discuss, how on earth do you know that my contractor is not doing their job? Even Open Net had already installed their point in our house!  Now tell me how efficient is Singtel?  From a quotation of S$2000+, now they are quoting S$500 and we have to issue check first. Now, they are saying that if they don't receive check, they can't send engineer down. If work is not needed by Singtel and just simply connection, they will return the check back to me.

Worst of all, our door bell, intercom system all depended on them. Simply irritating! Shame shame shame on this corporation! Their system really needs to relook.

Enough of my house ranting.... a week has just ended for this brand new Term 3. I am feeling jittery for my little girl. I hope she will be able to cope. SY was suggesting I get a tutor that does 1 to 1 as she suspected her foundation is not strong. Anyway, I already fired the Maths and Science tutors and with these new replacements, let's pray that she will have more confidence in tackling the subjects.

Other than that, I think I am ready to welcome guests to my little abode. Shall I plan a bloggers’ get together?

Leave me a comment if you are keen. 

For those who are very shy, just in case you are leaving me an email, please indicate bloggers' get together as currently I am working on a class reunion and I am getting many mails from there.

In the meantime, let me leave you with this MrsNgSK's Butter cake that I spotted in Table for 2 or more and I know my mommy will love this. She is really under weight and I am sure there isn't any harm to beef her up with some heavy duty butter cake. Since I am heading that way tonight for son's taekwondo, I will just drop these off at her door.

Photobucket

Thanks Mrs Ng and Wendy for sharing this awesome recipe. The texture is light and buttery. 

Thanks again to Mrs Ng for her unselfishness, this recipe will definitely be able to pass down from generation to generation.

Photobucket

What you need:

250g Salted Butter, room temperature.
200g Eggs (no shell) - About 4 eggs (Grade B).
50g + 150g Castor Sugar
200g Self raising flour, sifted
60ml Fresh Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence

Method


Pre-heat oven at 170 ºC .

Prepare a 8 x 8 inch square pan. Line the base, grease the sides.

Separate egg whites and egg yolks.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50g sugar and beat until stiff.

Cream butter and 150g sugar until pale and fluffy.

Add in Vanilla essence, beat for awhile, and followed by egg yolks one at a time.

Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance flour.

Put in half the egg whites in and mix on low speed.

Pour the balance egg whites in and FOLD using your spatula.

Pour batter into pan and level.

Bake for 45minutes or until skewer comes out clean (reduce to 150 ºC after ½ hour)



Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. hands up for bloggers gathering! Can't wait to see your new sanctuary :) Also been a long time since the last one. Let me know if you need help organising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that everything is going well on your side, Edith. Including your new maid....at last...you got a good one. So, at least no problem for the time being. hehe...
    Guess, it's a perfect time to enjoy some own baking & relax.
    Have a lovely evening.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEL, count you in. Will need your help to co-ordinate coz my maid still new. Must hand held at this moment.

    Kristy, you have a good weekend too. Yes for the time being I am happy. Let's pray she won't change when she cleared her loan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen and heard lots of great review of this cake recipe and I would love to give this recipe a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe, give this a try. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for bloggers gathering too! Was thinking of asking the rest for a gathering. Had been almost a year since our last gathering. Can't wait to visit your new abode!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! Please let us know the detail and I'll try my best to come. Indeed been ages since we last meet up. Please count me in for now, thanks Edith. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in, although i hv not been actively blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edith

    Will love to join in. Though not an active blogger (no updates since many mths ago) have been a silent supporter of yours and many other bloggers everyday.

    Hope to hear from you soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin