Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oh my nerve!

I have been bedridden for the past three days. Somehow while tidying up my room, I hurt my back and I couldn't sit up after. I even had to struggle with my breakfast the next morning. Luckily my primary school classmate, UL came to know about my plight, volunteered to bring home my girl. I really thank her for it.

So bed rest I did. The back pain is gone but I suspected that my disc could have shifted out further and now resting on my nerve. Nothing much can be done as this was told to me by the professor who first treated me for my slipped disc 4 years ago.

I got admitted to the hospital for a similar pain though that time was much more excruciating than now. His advice back then was either I go under the knife or painkiller.

Having gone through one operation and suffered from the side effect, now I had second thought about that decision I made 4 years ago.

Anyway, I am now on muscle relaxant and hopefully it will ease off the pain. In the meantime, I just had to learn not to rest my full weight on both bum till the pain ease off.

To thank UL, I baked this lovely tea cakes for her.

A very unique cake recipe that uses yeast, resulted in a moist, soft and buttery cakes. Especially when it paired it off with chocolate fudge, awesome!

Personally I like it but not too sure whether same goes with UL.

Photobucket
Source: Lust by Audrey Tan

What you need:

250g butter
200g castor sugar
5 eggs
250ml dairy whipping cream
320g plain flour, sifted
12g instant yeast
200g chocolate chip

Chocolate ganache (optional)

Method

Preheat oven to 165 degree.

Greased muffin tray

Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add eggs, one at a time.

Fold in cream, flour and yeast (in that order). 

Fold in chocolate chip.

Fill batter into muffin tray (3/4 full).

Baked for 20 min.  Cool in tray and remove to cool further.

Serve with chocolate ganache.









Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Edith, Take care. Is better to talk to the doctor again as this is a serious matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Edith. Hope you recover soon so that you can a good school holidays with your children.
    You tea cakes looked good! I have the same book. I shall attempt this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good rest..takecare.
    The cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get better! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice little tea cake. Wish i could taste them...
    Please take a good care of yourself and wish you a speedy recovery.. Hugsss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are better now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin