Tuesday, March 06, 2012

My idol

This morning, I had breakfast gathering with a group of mommies. Its sure been a while since we last caught up with each other.

As the cafe didn't have decaffeinated coffee, I took the more convenient way by having a regular one. Deep down, I know I will suffer tonight.

Surprisingly, I didn't have the urge to visit the toilet which I normally do, my bladder held well this time round. I didn't feel giddy too. Perhaps meeting this bunch of girls makes me laugh so much that I overcome my weakness.

A topic arises during our meeting. If your child and another child talked and some how resulted in some unhappiness. This unhappiness is brought to your attention by your child. Will you confront the other young child and then later on with her mom or will you teach your child another form of method to deal with it?

Words are said and normally forgotten after awhile. Children’s heart is more innocent and pure. Forgiveness is in them. I will let my child learn to solve the matter on her own. For me, as a mother, I definitely won’t get involved, least to say to confront the mother. After all, this is between the kids.

Are you allowed to belittle other's parenting style? Who to judge whether your parenting style is more superior than the other? Whether your child will turned out well, only time will tell isn't it?

After the meeting, I came home feeling lethargic, I just wanted to do something, so I decided to blog read to see whether anything will entice me.

I am a regular reader on Daily Delicious’s blog. This goes back way to when I first started blogging. This lady is just so amazing.

Strangely, I don't know why I never attempted any of her recipes. Perhaps, looking at her well styled photos, I felt intimated.

Thus when VM told me that she tried numerous of her recipes and it all turned out really well. I knew I can no longer procrastinate especially when bread and cheese are my kids’ favourite.

Kneading the dough was a little more tricky than my other bread attempts. I had a hard time as it was very wet. In fact, I took her advice and added in 2 more tbsp of flour.

Finally I kneaded it to the consistency that I think will pass, that is not that sticky. Gathered them up and put into the bowl for proofing. Went on to pick up my girl and then got involved in some stuff and after dinner, to my relief, it rose beautifully.

Photobucket

My Cheddar Cheese Buns didn't turned out as beautiful as Daily Delicious's but don't judge the book by its cover for this is simply delicious!

I should have double the recipe.

Photobucket

Next round, I will glaze the bread to make it easier to top more cheddar cheese as well as giving it a shine.

The bread is soft but hubby said will be nicer if it is a little more salty. Yeap, I forgotten to add salt to the dough!

The texture is still soft after a day and if you give it a toast in the oven the next day, the toppings will be crispy. As good as fresh from the oven.

Dough

270g Bread flour
30g Cake flour
5g Salt
2tsp Instant yeast
50g Sugar
30g Unsalted butter
100g Milk
1 Egg
80g Water

Filling
100g Cheddar cheese (grated)
90g Salad cream or mayonnaise

Topping
Cheddar cheese (grated)
Salad cream or mayonnaise

Method:

Mix together egg, water and milk.

Put the flour, the sugar and yeast in a bowl, whisk to combine, add and salt whisk again. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl.

Use large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix everything together, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together.

Take the dough out of the bowl and knead, you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes.

Add the butter and knead by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. Give the dough a little turn and repeat. Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough. Knead for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny, almost satiny. But this dough is a bit sticky, use a bit of flour will help (1-2 tbsp)

Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size (can be 1 hour or 1 hour and a half check often depend on the temperature).

Mix Salad cream or mayonnaise with cheddar cheese.

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.

Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate by touch it lightly.

Cut the dough into 10 pieces roll into a ball and let them rest for 10 minutes.

Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand into a circle. Place a filling mixture in center of each dough round, and gather up edges to enclose filling, twisting edges together and pressing to seal and place it seam side down Repeat with remaining dough and filling.

Let the dough rise until almost double in size, about 30minuts.

Glaze the bun with egg wash. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and drizzle salad cream or mayonnaise with before baking.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. The cheesy filling and toppings makes these bread extra extra delicious. I loves DD's blog and I think she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your buns looks wonderful! So soft and yummy with the cheese filling! Am not familiar with DD, will stop by to have a "peek"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These buns are looking good. I think DD's blog is amazing too. Btw, I am not allow to take more than 2 cups of coffee of tea per day. Otherwise, I am a dead meat. haha...
    Hope you're having a wonderful day, dear.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as good as store-bought if not better! Keen to try this out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely buns with soft texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoe, these buns are good. Try it.

    Kitchen flavours, DD is very good. She is my idol.

    Kristy, why not allowed? I generally don't take coffee, just fruit tea but at times, no choice.

    Busygran, try it, you won't regret it.

    Ah Tze, yes it is soft even the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin