Monday, March 26, 2012

Moving slowly

I have a personality that I like to get things done quickly. I prefer to plan ahead and execute right away. I like to be on the move and getting things accomplished.

Days whereby I see my son moves around the house slowly and doing nothing, sometimes I find it annoying or when my hubby and kids are glued to the google box on a weekend, I finds that boring. Yes, I have learnt along the way that men de-stress themselves being a couch potato. LOLz.

These days, my weekends are being kept busy with a new project. I am setting up my herb garden. Hubby has big plan for the garden but it is easier say that do. For I am the one realising his dream. It is definitely a lot of hard work especially after each session I will suffer tremendously pain on my back. Now I understand the saying of once broken can’t be healed. Really annoying that physically I can no longer push myself.

Things are looking good in my herb garden. I still need to finalise some position before I call it completed. Then I will wait for my harvest. As for hubby’s dream garden, I will have to take it slowly.

Enough said, late last week, my girl came home with a request for me to bake cupcakes for her Entrepreneur week school project. The teacher was so worried about her over enthusiasm that she actually rang me to confirm that I will be doing it.

Since I already committed, so even though I am exhausted from the gardening, I proceeded on with the baking after I came home. Little one of course was way eager to help. Hubby also felt that it is a good learning ground for her as she gets to understand the effort puts in to the final product being sold.

Luckily I didn't promise anything complicated.

Photobucket

(Sorry for the poor picture quality as I am totally blasted after the baking and frosting)

Since I am already baking, I quickly put together a really easy Banana Cake. I baked this many times and each time with success and this little one soon become a hot favourite with family and friends.

Just in time, D and her family came for a visit and she brought home a loaf. I am glad that her mom loved it.

Photobucket

See I told you I am slowing down. This was done on Friday evening. I was craving for muah chee and since LT gave me a tub of really fragrant sesame powder, I decided to turn them into Sesame Muah Chee using the HCP.

Photobucket

I was told that this is available in a shop in Orchard Road but being a home body, I hardly go down town even though I lived in Central!

Photobucket

Not too sure whether this is comparable but it is good enough for me to get a quick fix though. Next time, I will blend in sesame seeds together with the peanut.

What you need:

200g glutinous rice flour minus 3 tbsp
3 tbsp sesame seed powder
300ml water
1 tbsp shallot oil + 1 tsp
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
A generous amount of fried shallot

Peanut, sesame and sugar mixture

150g chopped roasted peanuts
30g fine sugar
10g sesame seeds

Method (Happy Call Pan)

Mix everything in a bowl. Stir till it is lump free. Sieve.

Heat up pan.

Add another tsp of shallot oil.

Pour in the batter and let it cook for 5 mins.

Open the lid and give it a good thorough stir.

Close lid and cook for another 5 mins, repeat one more time by adding a generous amount of fried shallot. Blend well.

Remove from pan.

Cut dough with oiled scissor and coat with peanut and sugar mixture.

*********************

Source: Small Cakes

Banana cake

What you need:


200g - 2 bananas, mashed or puree
150g unsalted butter
230g castor sugar
50g ground hazelnuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
175g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
133g sour cream

Method

Greased and lined a 18X7X8 cm deep loaf tin.

Preheat oven to 170 degree c.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in ground hazelnuts and followed by eggs.

Sift in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well together.

Mix in the sour cream and finally add in the bananas.

Pour into pan and bake for 20 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin