Thursday, January 26, 2012

Revisit

Actually I have been slowly cleaning up my blog for the past weeks. I realised that many of my old blog posts were all misaligned.

As you know, I lost my data twice within these 6 years of blogging and thus my recipe index was not in proper order. I guess it is also time for me to revisit some recipes that I enjoyed.

Since we are in the midst of Lunar New Year celebration, I decided to prepare my mom's braised mushrooms. Mom's does it so well that even my new brother in law is using it as a bench mark for his new wife. Tough.

So if you are a mushroom lover, I guarantee you that you will definitely love this dish.

Photobucket

With the heavy diet we had the last few days, I think 斋菜 will be a good change for our palette.

Photobucket

Okay now let’s continue to enjoy the bonding time with family and friends.

I am submitting the above to Aspiring Bakers #15: Auspicious Dishes for CNY (January 2012) hosted by Wen of Wen's Delight.


Mom's Braised Mushrooms
What you need


400g mushroom (wash and remove steam, soak over night in hot water)
dried oyster (soak about 10 mins and clean)
4 X 5 inches spare ribs
4 tbsp cornflour
8 - 9 tbsp ginger juice
4 tbsp oil
1 1/2 litre of water
1 tsp light soya sauce
Oyster sauce to taste

Method

Marinate mushrooms with cornflour, ginger juice, oil. Set aside for 10 mins

Put mushrooms and water and boil for 1 hour.

Marinate oysters with light soya sauce and a few drops of oil.

When the mushroom has softened, add oysters and spare ribs to mushroom stew after it has been cooked for 1/2 hour.

Turned down heat to low and slowly simmer for an hour till spare rib has soften.

Seasoned with oyster sauce and salt.

Note: you can put in Fatt Choy only the last 5 mins of cooking.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I love braised mushroom too. It's taste even better after a few days. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin