Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Meeting strangers

Being a home maker, sometime it is hard to find new friends so when there is an opportunity to do so, I generally grabbed it. Another plus point is that I am going to be meeting like minded people who enjoy cooking and baking!

So today I am joining a Happy Call Pan Party. Each of us has to cook something in this pan.

Initially, I really don't know what to cook and since I have tofu in the fridge and found a recipe in a book, Mapo Tofu it will be.

I have eaten Mapo Tofu many times when dinning out but somehow, I never cook this at home. Don't ask me why, perhaps I thought it was difficult.

Photobucket

After the food preparation. I took only less than 10 mins to whip up this dish. Best of all, I didn’t leave a mess behind. I am sure my helper is happy if I continue to cook in this pan. Easy peasy.

As for the party, I had fun and so did my girl. Hope to attend another one soon. Thanks K for hosting it and W for organising it.

Note: I didn't add in chilli oil as there were kids in the party.

Adapted from: Home Cooking with Sam & Forest

What you need:

2 blocks Silken tofu
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced shallots
300g diced prawns
6 dried mushroom, soaked and finely chopped
1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 1 tbsp water

Seasoning

1 tbsp of mom's bean sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
a dash of dark soya sauce (for blanching tofu)
a dash of sesame oil

Garnish
chopped spring onions
chilli oil (optional)

Method

Blanch tofu with hot water and a dash of dark soya sauce (for colouring). Set aside for 10 mins.

Heat wok with oil and stir fry shallots and garlic till fragrant. Add in prawns and sautee.

Add in mushroom and seasoning sauce. Bring to boil.

Season to taste and add in corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce.

Add in beancurd and stir gently.

You can add in chilli oil and garnish.

Serve with hot rice.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. I would like to join the party but it's a weekday, got to work :(

    Ur mapo tofu looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, if it is a weekend, I might be the one having problem joining. Perhaps you can propose to the organiser. I am sure there will be better response too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i also just knew about happy call thru angel's blog. So that must be the picture of the pan. happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Edith,
    your mapo tofu looks so yummy :)
    i think its time for me to get this happycall, so tempted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena and Alice, now there is a big craze over this pan. Good for those who don't own an oven coz it can "bake" cinnamon rolls as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith,

    May I know where to buy the pan and how much?

    Thanks,
    Wyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wyndi, I bought it in a spree and can't remember the exact but I think it is under S$60.00

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin