Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Loving myself

My emotion has been on a roller coaster ride for nearly 8 years.

On Thursday, I had a superb time as we managed to settle many errands in a day. Most importantly, we finally identified a furniture maker! This will help us with substantial savings.

We spent Friday, having tea with Baby G (oops should be Little G now) and JM, then we were off for science tuition. (how boring)

My emotion went downhill after we came home. I burnt my weekend in my own cave. I felt overwhelmed and all alone. I even forgo a family gathering and told my mom that I am unwell.

Those few days were hard to past but I learnt from this experience that my daughter is so sensible. She literally can feel my thoughts and she can sense my pain.

I doubt I can live without her. She is such a God sent angel to me. Her words are so comforting and her presence makes me feel wanted.

After a visit from my sisters, I felt so much better. Yes, I need to be kinder to myself. I need to love myself more. It is easy to say but I will try to make that happen.

Now I am feeling so much better and I hate to see my kids kept eating Peanut Butter with banana sandwiches all the time. So I decided to make Hoddeok (Korean Pancake) again. Actually I made these for my tea with JM the other day using dried yeast, and for this batch I used fresh yeast.

Personally I find the dry yeast dough is much easier to handle then fresh yeast. The latter is very sticky to handle (just like in the video as provided by Frozen Wings).

Texture wise: I think will be nicer if the dough has more sweetness to it and this is best eaten freshly cooked as it gives a crisp skin. Warming it again didn't have the same texture.

Photobucket

Thanks Frozen Wing for sharing this.

What you need:

219g or 1 cup slightly warm water
6 g or 2 tsp instant yeast
28g or 2 tbsp sugar

1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
276g or 2 cups all purpose flour

Fillings

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp chopped walnuts

Method:

Pour slightly warm water into a big mixing bowl. Add in the instant yeast, sugar, salt and vegetable oil and mix all together with a hand whisk.

Next add in the flour and continue mixing till all is well incorporated. Leave to proof in the bowl for 1 hour till double its volume.

After an hour, stir the mixture ( it will deflate ) and let it rest for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, you can prepare your fillings. Just mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl and leave aside.

Flour your working table and remove the dough from the bowl ( from step 3) and divide into 8 portions.

Lightly pat each dough with your palm to flatten it , wrap in fillings , seal tightly and pan fry them in a pan with little oil.

Leave them fry on one side for about 30 seconds and flip over to the side. Once flipped over, use your spatula to flatten the dough and fry till both sides are golden brown, you can then cover and cook for another minute.

Remove from pan. Serve hot. Best eaten fresh.

Note: You can fry these pancakes 2 or 3 at a time .
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're feeling much better, we do have our emotions occasionally, it's very normal but as long as we dont overreact it, i think should be alright. I hope you like the pancakes, we ate them all within a few hours..hehe. Hope you have a warm christmas celebration and you take care ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin