Monday, December 12, 2011

Can't get enough

The last two Saturday, we spent some quiet time with my parents. After sending the kids off for their Taekwondo training, we picked up my parents and went to Jacob's Cafe in Changi for dinner. Yes we dined there for two consecutive Saturdays. This cafe is hubby's favourite.

Initial plan was to take a little walk along the board walk before we have our meal but it was ruined by rain. Luckily, the second Saturday was an awesome evening. We even saw 4 couples getting their wedding photo taken and a beach wedding.

My dad is very into Confucius study. He strongly felt that abolishing that teaching was a big mistake for our society and maybe that explains why kids these days are so difficult to teach. They are rude and just too self centred.

You see after having our first Saturday dinner with my parents, my hubby left town for work. On the following Friday, my son went into a fit of anger for I had confiscated his phone for misuse. The worst fear happened; he pushed me and got me bruised.

As hubby was not around, my little one rang my parents and got them involved. Let's hope that after my parents' pep talks to him, and his dad's, he will be more sensible and learn to control his anger in a better matter.

Enough said, dad saw a very interesting calligraphy on the wall of this café. It is extremely meaningful and I planned to share but unfortunately, I misplaced the paper and will ask him to forward it to me again. I am sure you too will find it very meaningful so hang on for a little longer.

With the kids's competition done, they don't have go on diet anymore and thus I decided to bake some Chocolate Muffins for them. After all, it's been a week since I last warm up my oven.

Photobucket

This is really good recipe especially when you use the best quality cocoa powder, soft and fluffy and with rich chocolate taste. Unfortunately, the souffle cups are oily. I suspect it could be from the butter but luckily the muffin is not.

Overall, I strongly you try it.

Photobucket

Note: Divide batter into 12 cups as this will rise nicely, just like those shown in this picture.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! Nice Cake. Look moist and nice ! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith

    What recipe did you use for the chocolate muffins?

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith

    What recipe did you use for the chocolate muffins?

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith! I've dying to try this...any chance you will be posting the recipe? Thanks!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! How wonderful you managed to spend some time with you parents. I am sure they have enjoyed your company and so do you theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joceline Lor, it is indeed.

    Cat, this is from the Hummingbird Bakery cook.

    Honey Bee Sweets, will type it out soon.

    Quay Po Cooks, you are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. edith, very very sorry to hear abt your son, i hope you are okay. yeah, i would also love to looks at your dad's calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, this choco muffins look very moist and rich. Hope to try this soon. Merry Christmas to you and family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin