Thursday, December 29, 2011

Can't get enough & a birthday

My sister ordered some Red Velvet Cake from a reputable bakery near my place. Since she fell ill, I had to pick up the cakes for her before it closed for the day during Christmas eve.

She offered to share the smaller cake with me as she doubt she can eat it since she is sick.

She loves the texture as it is light and easy to eat. As I didn't have very good experience with the last Red Velvet Cake recipe that I made, I wonder whether how the texture should be. After tasting this reputable version, I was determined to get the texture next time.

Since today is my hubby’s birthday and seriously I don’t know what else to buy for him after being married to him for 19 years, a simple man he is! So I baked him Red Velvet Cupcakes instead. A chance for me to see whether the recipe I wanted to try will live up to the reputable ones.

Photobucket

I am pleased to say that the texture is nearly close and it went really well with the cream cheese frosting. Everyone agreed that it was good, except that my son is a not a fan of cream cheese had his opted out.

Happy Birthday my dear.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. I love red velvet cakes! Lucky husband of yours!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes looks very pretty! I love the texture of red velvet cakes! Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby!
    Happy New Year to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year 2012 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm still contemplating on which recipe to use for the RVC. You've made it so beautifully! :)
    Happy new year to you and your family. Hope 2012 will be a better year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice frosting swirls! Happy New Year to you & your family (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2012 to you and your family.

    To me, red velvet cupcakes are the romantic sort of food and it is so sweet of you to bake these beauties for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you too busygran.

    kitchen flavours , Thanks. Happy New Year.

    Happy new Year DG

    Passionate About Baking, try it so far three recipes that I tested all yield good results.


    quizzine, Happy New Year to you too.

    Zoe, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin