Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hearing from me less often?

JW is home for a visit and we wanted to have a small gathering. I feel that having it at home is more condusive than at a cafe or restuarant, so I offered my place.

Afterall, this will be my last party for the year because by tomorrow onwards, I will be busy with packing.

Sieving through my loots required time. Decision has to be made whether to keep or throw. Being a sentimental freak, I seriously wonder whether this can be attained to keep the move a minimal as the new place will be fully furnished with new items.

My goal is to keep my new home cluster free. Geesh... wondering whether this will be a mission impossible.

Well let's not talk about that for now.

For tonight's party, I decided to go spicy. Been a long time since I last had briyani rice. So off I went to get a pack of long grain rice.

Best way to eat briyani is with curries isn’t it?

Beef rendang is always a hot favourite.

Photobucket

I also tried out a new recipe, Madras Chicken. Didn't quite like this as I prefer more spice!

Photobucket

Another new recipe, Tahu Balls and I am surprised that it turned out really good. Best to eat them freshly made.

Photobucket

No more time to have made a vegetable curry so a stir fried Mixed Vegetable.

Photobucket

I prepared an interesting dessert, Sea Coral Jelly but will blog about this another day.

DP also contributed a Lana Wannabe cake but unfortunately, we were so busy chatting that we forgotten to take a picture.

Ended the dinner with choice of durian ice cream which KF, her daughter and GL gave a thumbs up. DP and JW didn't like Durian so they had passionfruit and Manago Ice Cream instead. Glad that they enjoyed these home made ice cream.

The evening was really enjoyable as we have not seen DP since she left Singapore at the age of 14.

I am already looking forward to having another one at my new place.

So in the meantime, you might be hearing from me less often for this two months.

Ciao

Source: Zarina's Easy Cooking


Tahu Balls


What you need:

1 taukwa, mashed
1 small carrot - peel and diced fine
2 stalks of coriander leaves, chopped fine
1 stalk of spring onion, chopped fine
1 red chilli, chopped fine
1/4 tsp pepper
salt to taste
1 egg (half to use in mixture and half to dip)
Plain flour
oil for deep frying

Method

Combine ingredients and mixed well.

Shaped into balls.

Dip tahu balls into egg and then coat with flour.

Deep fry till golden brown.
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. I like the tauhu balls. It looked very yummy. It doesn't looked too difficult, so I might give it a try. All the best in your packing and unpacking. I just did some due to re-painting of the house. :p Hope to have the opportunity to visit your new abode in future. Enjoy your "school holidays"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might love the tauhu balls. take it easy and all the best in your packing! catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe ROCKS! Nice!I made it for my wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like your tahu balls. enjoy your packing and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passionate About Baking, it is not difficult at all and it taste yummy as well.

    lena, yes taking it easy. Just had went for a spa treatment. Totally awesome.

    Alexander, glad that you like it.

    Ah Tze, packing is a headache but I believe I will get there. heheheheh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food was AWESOME!! Thank you Edith for such a lovely evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tauhu balls look fingerlicking! Bet beef rendang would be a huge hit in my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =D

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie, it is also my family's favourite.

    Thanks for dropping by Mr Lonely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin