Sunday, October 02, 2011

Long overdue

I had been ill for the past few days. Though I wasn't down and out but I was experiencing something more frightening. I kept having dizzy spell.

Initially I thought it was fatigue but after drinking tonic and resting, it still didn't go away. Then the cold hits me and I had block nose for a few days.

I was afraid I might get hypotension or hypertension? After a GP visit, my doubt was clear. After two days' of medication, my nose block is gone but the dizzy spell wasn't completely gone.

Sometime I feel that the older doctors are the worst lot, they think that they are so experienced that they do such a wishy washy job. In less than a 5min consultation, I was out of the clinic, diagnosed with flu. He couldn’t explain to me why I had dizzy spell. All he can provide is that my blood pressure is normal.

Anyway, I am much better today and the weather is really nice and crisp after a night of rainfall.

I woke up early to make Soon Kueh for breakfast as I had already prepared the fillings the night before. If I am not wrong, it’s been two years ago that I organised a blogger's party at my home? Though I can't recall the date but I can still vividly remembered the good time we had during the party.

One good memory was HSB's ban kuang kueh which also known as soon kueh. She was really kind to mail me the recipe after the party but my hard disk crashed and all data was wiped out. When I email her for the recipe, she was really sweet to forward to me again.

Photobucket

I didn’t do a good job in rolling out a nice round disc. I also had problem sealing off the dough and thus most of the kueh was “open”. I only managed to select two decent ones for photo shoot.

But don’t be deceived by the looks, my family likes it especially my little one who asked for more.

Photobucket

Now let’s enjoy the rest of the day. The next few weeks, it will be all hard work to prepare for examination.

Recipe link will be posted after Honey Sweet Bee share hers.
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Get well soon, E. I always have a hard time sealing paus, or any other chinese kueh with fillings as well. Your soon kueh looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes stress can cause dizzy head too. Try to drink ABC - apple, beetroot and carrot juice combined into one. It may assist.

    Take care and wish you a speedy recovery.

    Regards,
    sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes stress can cause dizzy head too. Try to drink ABC - apple, beetroot and carrot juice combined into one. It may assist.

    Take care and wish you a speedy recovery.

    Regards,
    sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon Edith. Glad you like the ban guan kueh, it's our family favourite too. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, suggest you see another doc. Dizzy spell is not something you can just brush it off. Do take care.
    Ha, our first blogger feast was only last year! Can you believe it? It seemed so long ago right?
    I can't agree more that HSB's ban kuang kueh was truly nice! You've made it very well too! I'm sure it's a family favourite! I've yet to attempt this lovely kueh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Edith. Thanks for dropping by my blog. You have a very nice one and beautiful pics too! And what a coincidence ... I had just made some of these "chai koay" (didn't know they were called "soon kueh") today.
    Looks great! Will be posting mine some time soon too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It still looks delicious! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Edith, hope you have fully recovered now. The kueh definately taste good. The last time I had made from HSB is really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get well soon and you should get a second opinion on your dizzy spells.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Piggy. Yah my 功夫 still ar cry. It is really yummy. Wait for HSB to post the recipe soon.

    Thanks Sally, I am not sure whether it is becoz of stress. But it has since stopped so I am happy.

    The ABC juice sounds yummy. Will buy them when I see it.

    Honey Bee Sweets, Thanks I am much better now. Hope to see your recipe posted soon.

    Passionate About Baking, thanks for the concern. After a dose of medication and with my cold getting better. The dizzy is slowly going away.

    Last year blogger party was not my first. I think the first one you didn't attend.

    ping, yours is a beautiful blog too. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    Sharon @ FeatsofFeasts, thanks.


    Kitchen Corner, not too sure whether it is the same one. coz I lost the first recipe. But still deliciously good.

    Thanks Cheah, I am much better now. Initially plan was that if I didn't improve will see another doc. but with the cold getting better, my dizzy spell also lessen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eileen@Hundred Eighty DegreesOctober 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM

    Hope you get well soon! My hubby has an encounter with an old doctor too! haha..your soon kueh looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. E, I am glad to know that you are feeling better now.
    Love the soon kueh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Edith

    sure hope u have recovered!

    would like to ask u sth about a recipe u shared some time ago. it is the sweet and sour prawns, not sure if you can remember... anyway, the recipe calls for vinegar , would like to ask if i can use lemon juice instead? thks
    octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Angie.

    Hi Octopusmum, hope all is well. For me, I won't mix the two as it gives different taste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...wat a pretty n tasty recipe..thanks for sharing edith..:)
    wishing you a speedy recovery n good health..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Edith

    thks for the advice! i have finished my bottle of vinegar and since i hardly cook, i thought i can use the lemon (which i have) to replace the vinegar..but i guess u r right, they r quite different actually so better not mixed.
    regards
    octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope you are feeling better? your dizzy symptom sounds like vertigo. i get it occasionally when i've flu, insufficient sleep or stress. take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin