Monday, October 10, 2011

Destress

Many people had the misconception that being a stay home mom is the best deal on earth. Life is like a tai tai - eat and shop.

For those who opted this route in parenthood will truly understand that life as a stay at home mom (SAHM) is nothing close to a bed of roses.

I agree that we don't have to deal with office politics and work load stress but our role is definitely not without stress.

For me, I am blessed with a helper to help with the heavy duties household but how many can truly understand the emotional stress? They are not like our kids that we can’t teach and punish.

Children these days are unlike our time, whereby we listen and obey. These days, children are so much exposed that they will challenge and question.

With the tough school education system, we too inherited the school load stress as well.

So when streetdirectory.com approached me to do a review on a spa establishment. I took it up, having other homemakers in mind, who just like me, feeling the "invisible" stress.

Once awhile, I think we need to pamper ourselves, to love ourselves and feel good about ourselves. Only then, we can take on the challenges we faced daily.

EDES Spa is located at the corner of Changi Road and Frankel Avenue. Besides this establishment, there is also EDES Institue that offers spa and beauty peronnel development in Bugis Village.

Photobucket

What I love about this place is there is ample of parking space for its client. No frantic search for a car park lot.

Photobucket

As you enter, you are welcome by the cosiness of the establishment, no corporate feel at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We can choose four different type of oil to suit the different requirement of the day.

- detox
- anti stress
- feminie
- up lift

The place is divided into two sections, the male

Photobucket

and the female section.

Photobucket

Both offered single and twin bed services.

I opted for a Java style massage and I am amazed that the pressure was consistent throughout the session. The tiredness was all knead away and me, coming out of the room feeling rejuvenated.

Now I am wondering whether the Swedish massage will be equally good as well.

In the ladies wing, they also have facial services. I noticed a nice detail is that they actually provided a leg pillow and as well a light quilt for comfort. This is very good for me as I have back problem and it makes me feel more relaxed.

Photobucket

I was given a Swiss Facial and I am truly happy with the result. Sometime back, I paid for a very expensive facial package with a well known salon and after 5 -6 treatments, nothing come close to the result I had gotten today.

Strongly recommend this if you have problem skin like me.

They even have two rooms for slimming services.

Photobucket

Hang on, there is more to come. They also have a steam room for relaxation.

Photobucket

where by you can take a shower after.

Photobucket

A little Nail Bar is tuck in a nice corner.

Photobucket

and if you are happy with their product from Switzerland, you can also purchase them at a discounted rate.

Photobucket

This is truly a one stop spa that knows how to pamper a woman!

So if you need a some ME time, a little pampering and a recharged YOU, drop by at EDES Spa.

EDES Spa
500 Changi Road
Singapore 419904

Business hour: 10am - 10pm daily.

Reservation tel: 6449 6900
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. I'm also a SAHM and I totally agree! It's not a bed of roses, more like a few roses among a bed of thorns, but it certainly has its perks. And I have not known any SAHM who would say no to a day at the spa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen@Hundred Eighty DegreesOctober 10, 2011 at 11:08 PM

    I'm a working mum with 2 teenage children but I can understand the stress level being a SAHM. If we were lucky, we get a helper to relieve our stress, otherwise having a helper is an additional burden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Working mum with two schooling children (Pri/Sec).I have no helper at home. I have two shifts : Morning (8am-5.30pm) and Night (5.30pm-12am). The stress from Work and Home (housework, school work, etc) are equally maddness. All my leave revolves round my children and parents' needs. It is amazing I can still stay sane... . Working Mum's life is definitely not a bed of roses too. A toast to all Working Mum and SAHM !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, there are days we just need to let our hair down. :)

    Eileen, it is true. Having helper can be a blessing but yet there are emotional stress attached to it.

    Working Mum, I kudo you too. God makes women one tough cookie, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith,
    What a coincidence. I just posted a long entry on being a sahm hahaha... Not ranting but just sharing my experiences as a sahm, and I hope with my sharing, working people will have a better understanding of what a sahm's life is.

    It's good you managed to have some "me time" for yourself. Sahms need that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. u definitely deserve all that "me-time"! that spa seemed like a great great place to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. edith, now seeing these pictures, i feel wanting to get a massage now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin