Thursday, September 15, 2011

A disappointment

This morning, the plan was that UL and I go for a morning walk at the beach. Unfortunately it rained. Haiz…. It is hard to date UL for she is very busy with her schedules. So it is a rare chance that we can finally do this morning walk. Too bad it rained.

With plan ruined, I went to buy my eggs instead. Afterall, it is on the way home after dropping my girl off. Yes I buy my eggs by trays which ended up cheaper than getting it from the supermarket.

Coincidentally, my last housing and present are all near egg suppliers. Maybe the gentleman up there knows that I am crazy over baking.

Anyway, this egg supplier doesn’t just sell eggs. The shop is also like a mini mart. This morning, I saw some really nice yam. I love yam that is powdery and he guaranteed me that it is.

I remembered browsing through a dessert recipe book and this is what captivated me. Now do they have a proper name rather than just Yam and Sago?

Photobucket

The seller is correct, the yam is really nice. I love it. I shall chill some for my dessert tonight.

So I shall talk no further as I need to prepare the kitchen for my sister and her friends to come over for a charity bake. Very last last minute request but I like such impromptu action. That is if I have nothing to do.

I am so happy that this week seems to end quickly.

What you need:

Yam, peeled and steamed. Cut into cubes.
1/4 cup sago
1 block of gula melaka, chopped finely
Water

Method:

In a pot of boiling water, add in sago and cook for approx 20 mins. Once it turned transparent, drain and blanched over cold water.

In a pot, melt gula melaka with 1/2 cup water till the gula melted. Remove half.

Add in yam and enough water to cover and bring to a boil.

If you find that it is not sweet enough, you can slowly adjust the sweetness with the other half melted gula melaka.

Lastly add in the cooked sago and stir till well mixed.

Add evaporated milk before serving
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. hi edith, my mum would love this kind of dessert. Just wondering, any gula melaka here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely treat! So comforting and delicious.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena, yes I used gula melaka.

    Rosa, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bakeca for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin