Thursday, September 08, 2011

Surprising news

The one week school holiday is coming to an end soon. What did we accomplish?

With the success of my kids' first movie outing on their own, they continued another movie outing again as they wanted to watch Smurf. Actually we are blessed with many cinemas nearby.

I also decided to stop my girl's Tuesday tuition, so by end of this month, she will have one extra day of free and easy per week.

Upon recommendation, I also brought my girl to a chiropractor. Initially, I wanted to solve her Bruxism problem. Then I found out more surprising news. Something that I didn’t even noticed! Her legs are not the same length! It has to do with her pelvis bone. Let's pray that after this treatment, she will improve on her well being.

This will definitely make a big hole in my pocket but I guess what needs to be done has to be done.

Next, I caught up with friends that I haven't seen for months. I felt so sad that one of them is leaving for good but I am happy for her as well for she has finally found love.

So let's me share with you this Ayam Poteh.

V, this is another dish you can try as it goes really well with plain white rice.

Photobucket

What you need:

3tbsp cooking oil
30 shallots, peeled and finely pounded
15 clove garlic, peeled and finely pounded
3 tbsp preserved soy bean paste
1kg chicken, cut into pieces
10 dried Chinese mushroom, soaked in water and stemmed
2 cup water
4 large potatoes
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp thick soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Garnish

1 spring coriander leaves

Method:

Sautee the pounded ingredient and soya bean paste till fragrant.

Add in chicken and stir for a while.

Add in mushroom, potatoes, soya sauces and water.

Bring to a boil and slowly simmer till potatoes are cooked.

Season with salt and pepper.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Here this dish is pronounced as ayam pongteh. A nyonya dish. Maybe it's diff in SG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to get her pelvis bone adjusted when she is young. My hubby didn't do so and now his body slant a bit on the side because of that. Now it is too late to adjust it. Hope everything will be well with your girl. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I also find it very strange coz some also call it pontay.

    Yes ICOOK4FUN, that is why I felt relieved that I sent her to the Chiropractor and discovered it now. Let's pray that it can be adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your daughter will be better after the treatment.
    Yes, this Nyonya dish is called Ayam Pongteh in M'sia and the spelling for "Nyonya" is different than that spelt in S'pore as "Nonya". I cook this very often, my kids favourite with lots of potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kitchen Flavours, I prayed so too. My kids love the potatoes too so next time I will double the portion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious looking dish! I love soy sauce and Chinese mushrooms.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of ayam poteh before but it looks really good and I'm sure it would be great with rice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin