Monday, September 19, 2011

Phew it went away

Last night, I woke up at 2am with a splitting headache. Actually I should have seen it coming. Before bedtime, I already felt the tension building round my neck.

My daughter's chiropractor taught me how to massage my daughter to relieve the tension on her neck. So I applied the same method on myself. I was trying so hard not to wake my hubby as he was suffering from jet lag and really needed that beauty sleep.

Finally managed to go back to sleep around 3ish but need to get up at 6am to send my girl to school. Luckily it was just a light drizzle and it makes the morning really crisp and fresh. Due to the bad night, I fell back into slumber easily.

Didn't wake up till 11am!!! and I was really happy because the pain was gone! yea! And I was surprised that hubby was still sleeping! Poor man, he must be really tired from this work trip.

As for my pain, I seriously hate this pain as there are days it will linger and makes my life so miserable so now I am happy to know how to deal with it if it hits me again.

Okay, dinner time. We had Terry's Chicken Stew. This dish can easily become a one dish meal as you can put in more vegetable.

Overall, we like it.

Photobucket

I also done a pot of Watercress with pork soup as watercress was on offer. With last night dessert that is supposedly to be heaty, this is a good balance.

Photobucket

I also show my helper how this soup should be done. The last time, the vegetable was still green and she claimed that it was taught to her by my mom. Luckily my mom is not around, if not, she will definitely get mad. hahaha.

What you need

500g pork ribs or lean pork or pork muscle
3 litre water
400g watercress, washed well, roots cut off
1 tsp salt 3 - 4 honey dates

Method

Blanch pork and drain.

Boil water in a large pot.

Add pork and honey dates. Cover with lid and lower fire.

Simmer for 3 hours until pork is tender.

Add watercress and continue to simmer for another 1 hour.

Add salt to taste.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. this is one of my favourite dish at home. Very appetising and tasty! I do have that kind of neck problem too at times due to bad sleeping posture i think, i dont really know the proper tech of massage..sigh..it will go off the next 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better now! I love chicken stew with lots of carrots. Take care and try to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy reading your post as you are a very interesting lady. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena, I used to think my neck problem with poor sleeping posture too. Changed tons of pillow and finally found one that suits me. Then some years later, someone told me that it could be the tension on my shoulder that resulted in this. So now when I carry my bag, I am more conscious of the weight. But then, some days it still hits me.

    Thanks Busygran.

    Theresa, I am a naggy lady hahha. as how my son view me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that the little neck massage worked for you. Lack of rest, lack of sleep...etc. You would rest more.

    Love the chicken stew and watercress soup you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that headache went away.  that soup is still a favorite in my MIL's house but my kids are not too fond of the watercress, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tigerfish.

    HBS, why your kids don't like? It has no bitter taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first visit, and I really enjoy your space here. This dish looks amazing and even after I ate breakfast a few minutes ago I am hungry all over again. I will book mark this and make it soon.

    I know what it is like with headaches...I get the sinus headache that will wake me up in the middle of the night. My husband would use massage on me to get rid of it.

    It is nice to meet you Edith!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin