Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The haze is back!

The haze is back! and the humidity is terrible. After spending a day out, I was totally burnt out.

So far, the week is going on smoothly. I still repeat like a parrot as far as son is concerned. The good news is that he didn't shout back.

The past two nights, my girl has been sleeping with me. I still hear her grinds her teeth so the chiropractic treatment is not really working as yet. Then again, to be fair, we only went for three treatments. We shall see how it goes as it sure didn’t come cheap.

The first session (1 hour) was S$90 and the subsequent treatment was S$55.00 (approx ½ hour) but when I went for our 3rd treatment, it only lasted for 20mins! I need to keep in mind to ask whether there is a time frame.

Tomorrow will be my last three lessons with this parenting course. I am sure I will miss my classmates for they are such a fun group to hang out with.

So I baked something and share with these ladies. Oh by the way, I think sour cream is out of stock. I checked into two supermarkets and don't seems to see it on the shelf.

Luckily I still have one tub in the fridge and went ahead to make our favourite Banana Cake. This time round, I used grounded almond as I already used up my grounded hazelnut.

Let's hope the ladies will enjoy this.

Photobucket

What you need:

200g bananas, mashed or puree
150g unsalted butter
230g castor sugar
50g ground hazelnuts or almond
2 eggs, lightly beaten
175g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
133g sour cream

Method

Greased and lined a 18X7X8 cm deep loaf tin.

Preheat oven to 170 degree c.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in ground hazelnuts and followed by eggs.

Sift in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well together.

Mix in the sour cream and finally add in the bananas.

Pour into pan and bake for 20 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,

    May I ask where can I buy the sour cream? I checked NTUC but they don't sell it.

    Regards,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, usually NTUC or Cold Storage will have them. But this two weeks, I don't seems to find it. Perhaps they are waiting for shipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kogas, I also don't know how to make the fillings but I will have to improvish. :) Still have to give it a thought how to as now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I use yogurt since it is hard to get sour cream at my area. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith, thanks for the reply. I will look out again at NTUC.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this banana cake - looks moist and soft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin