Friday, September 16, 2011

it just flew by

Usually when my hubby is not home, the days crawl so slowly. Surprisingly, this week really flew by so quickly. I still nag at the big one to study but he is a little more responsive and had control his shouting back attitude.

Hubby on the other hand also made attempt to call home daily. This brought much happy note to the household as we took turns to update him.

With exam nearing, of course, tension is also building but I think we should be doing okay.

This morning, I offered to send son to school because my little one is off school due to PSLE Oral. On my way back, I stopped by the wet market and I found something that I longed for quite some time. mmmm... I think I am so focus on getting what I want, I don't really observe others. This time, I noticed!

I also decided to cook dinner tonight even though we were coming home late. After last night dinner, which was totally disastrous, I just wanted something that is low in salt. No matter how many times I told the helper to be light handed on seasoning, this advice never gets registered. Really annoying.

So here is what I whipped out in 45 mins. Not too bad right?

It is the clam that I spotted. JM cooked this twice and posted on FB and that makes me drool because I enjoyed such stuff.

Took the opportunity to cook Vongole and gosh it is really delicious.

Photobucket

Knowing that my kiddos won’t appreciate this, I make them Pasta E Cavolfiore, a recipe that I found in a library book.

Because I changed the method of cooking the pasta and added mushroom in as well. I had added a little more than requirement stock so it turned out a little watery but let me tell you, the taste is really good. I shall redo this again the next time and will adjust the stock required.

Photobucket

Okay I am going to finish that bottle of white wine tonight. I am sure I will sleep like a baby later.

Enjoy your weekend!

Source: Gino's Pasta (Ginao D'acampo)

Pasta E Cavolfior
Serve 4

What you need:

5 tbsp olive oil
1 large white onion, peeled and finely chopped
250g mushroom, slice thinning (I added in this)
250g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
1.8 litres of chicken stock
300g shell pasta
3 eggs
100g grated paramesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method

Heat the oil and fry the onion for 3 - 5 mins till soft and golden.

Add in mushroom. Sautee.

Add in cauliflower and sautee for another 2 mins.

Pour in the stock, lower the heat and simmer fo 15 mins with lid half on.

Remove the lid, season with salt and pepper and add the pasta.

Continue to cook, uncovered over a low heat for about 8 mins until the pasta is al dente, stirring every 2 mins.

Remove from heat and crack in the eggs and mix everything together for 30 secs to thicken the broth.

Add parmesan cheese, stir and serve immediately
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for the effort to whip up a nice dinner within such a short time. Nice plate. Just gotten mine from Sia Huat sale!

    Wyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith me too, I love clam soup pasta!! Pair this dish with a Chardony white! OMG! DIVINE! If you are my neighbor I will bring you a nice bottle of White wine and we will both get drunk together! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah!! I wish could have the white wine tonight with you and then sleep like a baby. I really need a break :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wyndi, nice to hear that you got something from there.

    Quay Po Cooks, this is my first time making this and will definitely be not the last. Don't need to be neighbours, next time when you are in singapore, buzz me!

    KC, hand the baby over to hubby! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wyndi, nice to hear that you got something from there.

    Quay Po Cooks, this is my first time making this and will definitely be not the last. Don't need to be neighbours, next time when you are in singapore, buzz me!

    KC, hand the baby over to hubby! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, I just cooked creamy seafood with fried shell crabs for dinner tonight and it was yummy! It was completely wiped out!!! and I finished the Chardannay as well
    , :,P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edith, I love spaghetti vongole too, but hate having to remove all the clam shells while eating. Esp when hungry, LOL. R u able to share the recipe for the pasta cavalfiore pls? Vegetarian, right? First I've heard of it. Googled and found a few recipes but yours is vouched for, so should be better!

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Medifast Coupons, Thanks.

    Anonymous, I have yet to try creamy seafood. Am sure my son will love it.

    Daphne, it is pretty easy coz the shell already opened. If not use your hands which I did! Recipe posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe Edith! Did I miss it (duh) or did you just post it? Anyway, must try! Although the evening I was looking at this post, I asked my husband and he said "No, I don't like cauliflower, don't do it." Uh-oh. Shall wait for when he's travelling or one lunch :-P BTW in your drop down box this recipe is described as Vegan but it's not - although it's vegetarian :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Daphne, you didn't miss it, I posted it for you. In my family we love cauliflower so this dish is good for us.

    Thanks for the heads up on vegan and vegetarian. Didn't know it wasn't the same. I just wanted a note to myself that it has no meat for this one. :)

    Will change it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin