Monday, August 15, 2011

Three days

**************
Do join me on this Heritage Food Trail if you have the time. I am sure it will be an opportunity to get to know other dialect food cuisine.

************

For the next three days, my son will be home with me. He is supposedly to do reflection on himself but seriously I really can't see that. He behaves as if he is on holiday! It didn't help when the timing is so perfect that my hubby starts his travelling today.

I tried having a pep talk with him again today and am glad that at least he felt a tinge of regrets of what he had done.

Initially he said he will make an apology card, but once dad is out of the door, his story changed. Now he said he will apologise face to face which I really doubt it will happen.

Anyway, I am trying so hard to keep my cool. I have to shut both eyes if I want to survive these three days!

Photobucket

Over the weekend, Batter Baker helped me to buy Durum Flour. You see, the last I touched my pasta machine was last year March when I done a batch of Squid Ink Pasta.

Seeing her blog post once again reminded me of my pasta machine that I think badly needed to bring it out to dust off the cob web.

With the durum flour on hand and son's latest food crave for carbonara, I can longer find excuses not to make it.

Photobucket

It was also good for us as I got him to help with the pasta making. At least he has some ownership to tonight’s dinner.

Photobucket

I think it passed the test for he ate a big plate of it despite having to be on a diet to lose 1 kg for next month’s Taekwondo competition.

We ended the dinner with Chocolate Lychee Ice Cream. Yet, another task that he helped with. Unfortunately we were too eager to have it and didn’t allow it to chill long enough but it was so good that we will have to make another batch soon.

Photobucket

Daddy, we will get a tub ready for you when you come home. Hugs from all.

Basic Pasta Dough
Makes enough for 4
What you need:

280g durum wheat flour (or semolina flour)
2egg
2 tsp salt
drizzle of olive oil
2 - 3 tbsp water, as required

Method:

Make a well in the middle of your bowl of flour.

Crack an egg into the well. Add salt and olive oil.

Then slowly stir in the flour till a dough is formed. If it feels too dry, add water till you get a firm but smooth dough. Knead till it comes together.

Rest the dough for about 30 minutes.

Flatten or roll out the dough into a disc, then feed it through the rollers at the widest setting. Slowly work your way through the narrower settings till you get the thickness you desire, flouring the dough as required so it doesn't stick to the machine.

Then using the pasta machine to cut the type of pasta you want.

Bacon and mushroom Sauce - will post this up later.
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful recipe!
    I wish you a happy Mid August

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure didn't waste any time making use of the durum flour :) Your pasta looks great! Wish I had it for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Love this carbonara...super creamy and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! I love Carbonara esp with those cheesy sauce and taste of bacon :) Furthermore yous is handmade :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks LaMagicaZucca for dropping by.

    NEL, Perfect timing, everything in pantry so no more excuses. Thanks for getting me the flour.

    Thanks Angie's Recipes and Cuisine Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious carbonara!! I have been long time didn't make my own pasta, guess got to wait for another year or two :( beside, I thank God for touching your son heart, he is a lovely boy, surrender him for God :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edith! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind message! You have a great recipes here... I need to stay a bit longer to browse around! This pasta looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so delicious! You're good in churning out delicious looking food! *thumbs up*.

    Say, anything special about the Durum wheat flour? Will plain flour do?

    artchoo6

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitchen Corner, you and your hubby are very kind.

    Welcome Nami | Just One Cookbook to my humble blog.

    Artchoo, durum flour gives the pasta some "bite".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin