Thursday, August 11, 2011

The day after



Do join me on this Heritage Food Trail if you have the time. I am sure it will be an opportunity to get to know other dialect food cuisine.



Photobucket

Today HN and L, along with their kids came over to play. Thus I prepared some Apple Cakes as snack for them. I had done this recipe many years ago, and I remembered that CL loved it. Unfortunately the post was part of the missing lots and thus it feels good to reattempt this recipe and have it in writing again.

Photobucket

As for the kids, they definitely remembered my son well. Despite only meeting once a year, they were already comfortable with each other right from the start. It was my daughter who felt left out, after all, how can her friend who shared the same birth date, birth month and birth year ignored her?

Well, it didn’t take long for my prince to get tired of the kiddish game and retired to his You Tube world. Now my princess was finally getting the attention.

By the time L and her kids arrived, the kids just gelled so nicely with each other. We, mommies took the opportunity to do a little shopping. A time out for ourselves, as HN knew of a place nearby that sells nice ribbons and craft stuff.

Despite staying here nearly 3 years, I am sure a green horn in my own territory! She was the one that navigate the short cuts and buildings! Of course they had a good laugh at my ignorance.

Though time spent was short as L needed to bring her boy for swimming class but am happy that I managed to spend some time with my buddies.

I am glad I baked the Apple Cakes in mini pop size, it was easy for the kids to pick and eat. From the repeated trips to the table, I know they love it.

Photobucket

Bon voyage ladies, and see you next year.

Source: DIY3 (Rachel Yau)

What you need:

2 pcs green apples (skinned and sliced)
2 tsp lemon juice
200g cake flour
125g butter (used the best)
125g castor sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2½ tbsp milk

Glaze

1½ tsp gelatin
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp sugar

pinch of cinnamon (I omit)

Method

Preheat oven to 180ºC. Greased a mini muffin tray.

Mix apples with lemon juice and set aside.

Sift flour.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in one egg at a time.

Stir in vanilla and milk.

Fold in the flour.

Put batter into the muffin tray.

Arrange apples on top and bake for 15 – 20 mins.

Mix the glaze, brush it onto the hot bakes and dust with cinnamon powder.

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Your apple cake looks very cute and yummy. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, these little apple cakes look very soft and nice. I wanna make this soon. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith - can i confirm water for the glaze: is it 3 tbsp or 3 tsp water? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some really juicy looking apple chunks sitting on the muffin tops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These mini cakes look so delicious! I have tried your kueh keria recipe and it was very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa, it was the right decision to bake them into mini size coz it is really handy for the kids to grab and eat.

    Sorry Yummy Bakes for the typo error. Should be tbsp.

    Jean, Nice recipe to use if you want to get rid of apples. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edith - one more question for the glaze. 3 tbsp water - is warm or cold water? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. YB, I juz used room temperature water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jeanie, glad that you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin