Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's been a while

Unlike my mom, I just lack the consistency to prepare soup on a daily basis. If she knows about this, I am definitely going to get an earful from her. She always believes that each meal, we must have soup. I am not against having soup, in fact, I love soups and so are my kids.

The problem is, I can never make those beautiful broth laded with so much richness. I guess this really needs skill and I have a long road to attain that. It is not about dumping in as much meat, herbs etc... For good Chinese soup, we talk about the heat control, the length of time brewing this broth.

Anyway, with the horrid weather as of late. I think it is about time, we get a bowl of goodness to balance the xin and yang in our body system.

So here I leave you with Aloe Vera and Lean Pork Soup. Basically Aloe vera helps to repair skin cells and has properties for clearing liver heat and preventing inflammation.

Photobucket

Ha, come to think about it. I just realised that my pot of aloe vera is gone. Most likely killed by my overly enthusiastic helper, whom seems doesn't have green fingers.

This is the second time, our weekend is without papa. I think more such lonely weekend is coming our way. Haiz…

What you need:

240g fresh aloe vera
200g lean pork
30g wolfberries
1/2 tsp salt
6 cup water

Method

Rinse aloe vera and remove the skin. Cut the white flesh into small pieces.

Blanched pork and slice into small pieces.

Put water, aloe vera and pork into a pot and boil for 1 hours.

Season to taste.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I don't have green fingers too... Aloe Vera in soup is a new idea to me. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanushi, aloe vera is good for skin. Try it .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin