Monday, July 04, 2011

After all these years

After my discussion with my hubby and the warm responses I get from you all. I have straighten my thoughts and will no longer wonder anymore if anyone is really utilising those tried and tested recipes that I shared here or whether my effort in putting up them up will be useful for others.

He told me that since it is my way of “giving back” what I learnt, I should just do it. As to whether my effort is utilized or not, it doesn’t matter.

So thanks all for giving me your views. I felt so much better now that I get some directions.

I hope from my experiences in the kitchen, you can find inspiration.

As a mother, draw strengths from my parenthood journey and I from yours.

God bless you all.

Now let me tell you about our very exciting Youth Day.

During our breakfast date last week, JM suggested we do a baking session for the kids. It was a perfect time for the proposal as the following Monday was Youth Day and it will be good for the kids to have something to do.

I was a little apprehensive about giving lesson not to the 9 years olds but rather to 2 years old. After all I had done before for primary school level kids.

I didn’t want a classic chocolate muffin as I wanted to do another batch of buckwheat cookies with chocolate chip. Yes it is that good that I wanted JM and AL to try it as well.

Since the cookies have chocolate chip, I thought it will be a good idea to have savoury muffins instead. After all, I have never done a savoury muffin before!!! Or have I?

Unfortunately, no time to take any pictures of the process. So here is our effort, Peanut Butter Muffins and the Buckwheat Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips (I think this is my 4th time baking these, so you can guess how crazy I am over these by now).

Photobucket

The session went through so smoothly even though I have a two years old involved. I even have time to cook a simple lunch of Fried Udon for my guests.

I could see how the little one enjoyed the lesson. Also was good for the older kids as they learnt Maths in a fun manner.

Photobucket

I was pretty disappointed with the appearance of the muffin as it has a very flat top to it. Doesn't even look like a muffin. I was afraid that it was dense but surprisingly, it wasn't!

In fact, AL who doesn’t really fancy peanut butter, actually likes it!

After the session and lunch, the girls continue to paint, done some skipping as well as hula.

Photobucket

By then, time to say good byes as the little two years old was totally drained.

I truly enjoyed the afternoon with the ladies and the girls and my little princess too.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Edith, glad you have straightened out your thoughts and have decided to just continue blogging and inspiring your readers and fellow bloggers.

    I do not always leave a message, but I enjoy peeping into your life, admiring your beautiful pictures and appreciating/learning from your recipes.

    Kiss,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog but I failed to leave comment in your previous post. I am really glad to read that you will be keeping this blog.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear that you'll continue blogging. Keep it up :-)

    artchoo6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith,

    I am sorry I missed your earlier post. I have been faithfully following your blog for many years, and have tried so many of your recipes. They are very, very good indeed!

    So very glad you decided to stay on, phew :) My apologies for being a silent reader and never showing my appreciation before. Oh, and I really enjoy reading your parenting headaches too, because I can relate to it really well.

    Keep well, and thanks for continuing to write.

    Cheers,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad that you finally choose to stay. Sometimes I do not always leave a message, as you know I'm not good in wording. But ... I really enjoy visiting here, like to read your sharing about parenthood and of course your great recipes too :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had finally straightened your thoughts and still keep this blog. Can still continue to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray, it is great news to all of us. :)

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin