Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome home

My teenage prince left home on Tuesday, during this period. The house was really peaceful and quiet. For me the greatest joy was that I don't have to nag and nag.

For the helper, I think she was also enjoying this break as she doesn't have to be constantly picking stuff after him.

As for my princess, she got all the attention that she needed from us! Awesome!

Then things start to change, a sense of emptiness, a tinge of missing out something and suddenly, it wasn't that nice feel anymore.

I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder and this saying is so true, isn't it?

Even as a married couple, sometime I take my hubby's absence as a blessing. For it allows us to have some time alone for ourselves. By the time they are back, everything seems to be back to the lovey dovey stage. Isn't it wonderful?

Photobucket

To welcome my son home, I made this lovely Sour cream Chocolate cake. It was initially with peanut butter frosting. Even though I actually went out to get a bottle of creamy peanut butter, I didn't have enough time or energy to make the frosting. So in the end, I just melt some chocolate, pour in the cream and did a ganache.

Despite its dense look, it is not a heavy cake. The texture is really moist and lovely. It is has this "melt in the mouth" feel.

Photobucket

I will definitely attempt this again and go through the whole recipe of using peanut butter frosting. I am sure it will be heavenly.

Have a good weekend folks.

Source: Sky High

What you need:

136g plain flour
210g sugar
37g cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup canola oil
128g sour cream
192g water
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg

Method:

Prehaet the oven to 180 deg and grease and lined a 6" round pan.

Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add in sugar and whisk till combined.

Add in oil and sour cream and whisk to blend it.

Gradually beat in the water, vinegar adn vanilla.

Next whisk in the eggs and beat until the batter is well mixed.

Pour into pan and bake for 30 mins or cooked.

Let it cool in the pan for 20 mins and invert onto wire rack to cool completely.

Frost.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. yummy looking cake! I'm sure your son loves this cake :)subtum

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks chocolatey rich and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love moist chocolate cake and yours look so moist and chocolatey :)
    you're right Edith, i always feel exactly the same about my hubby and kids :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sour cream always do the trick for moist cake. Your cake looks AWESOME!! Oh yes, when my hubby leave for his biz trip, the first few days seem like "MERDEKA" for me. I have all the time to myself but then after three days, I find the house being too quiet, no music, no one calling me "Honey this, Honey that".. then, I wish he comes back quickly. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, this is sinfully healthy with canola oil. OMG, the cake looks awfully chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin