Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Interested?



Last week, I was approached by Wiki about their latest project – MyCityCuisine.

The project's goal is to help travellers discover local foods from all over the world. Food is an integral part of the local culture so naturally tasting local food is high on most traveller's to-do list.

However until now there has been no single comprehensive source for this information. Thus, MyCityCuisine project aims to fill this void

As a Singaporean, I am proud of my food heritage. The quality as well as the variety it offers especially seafood is something that I always missed when I travelled.

A simple fare like fish ball noodle, I just can’t seem to find the right texture of this fish balls elsewhere or the broth of prawn noodle. The list goes on and on.

When Ms Emilie McDonough of Wiki, informed me about this project, I immediately saw us, Singaporeans, as a contributor. A chance to showcase our little island's favourite past time – food especially one that reflects our heritage.

Thus if you like what you see, I hope you can be a contributor, helping to spread this food culture worldwide to aid to this free resource and benefit many other foodies across the globe.

Contributors definitely don't need to be professional writers. They are just looking for people passionate about food to add some of our favorite local dishes to the site.

Here is a link to a page that goes a bit more in depth about what to write.

As for the photos, they can be of home-made local dishes or local dishes that you have sampled at eateries. They accept any photo that accurately reflects the dish and that is in keeping with copyright law.

To learn more, please refer to here.

So my fellow food blogger, go for it, bring out your camera or tell us your favourite. Spread our food heritage!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin