Thursday, May 05, 2011

Wondering how come I am so not productive

Besides coaching my girl on her forthcoming mid year exam, fulfilling some cake orders this weekend and watching the You Tube on the rallies, I seriously wonder how the rest of the time was spent. I felt so unproductive today.

I popped a Zytec pill last night as I can no longer take the itch. This is supposedly to be non drowsy but I ended up not able to ferry my son to school this morning for I was still so drowsy after a night of sleep.

Thanks to my hubby, I was able to stay in bed till 9ish. Actually I was woken up by the phone. Still unable to get out of bed, I lazed for another good half hour before I tell myself that I needed to really get things moving today.

I did an experiment on my weekend project and was disappointed with it at first. After an hour working on it, it broke into many pieces. Helper told me to give it some time to dry which I did. I was happy that it will turn out well after all.

I was feeling so lethargic that it is no point for me to continue my project as I wasn't focusing.

With the kids home, another attention diverted. In the end, I told myself I will bake instead or rather steam. I saw Cuisine Paradise's Japanese Steamed Cake and the last time I had this was in a stall at the basement of Ion. That stall has since closed down.

Nevertheless, I got my friend G to translate the recipe for me and this is what came out of it.

I divide the batch into two and added in chocolate chip for my son is a chocolate lover and since my daughter didn't have as sweet tooth as my son.
Photobucket

It is not fluffy kind of soft and it is not dense. I would say it is spongy in a good way. The kids like it but I think I could be a little more generous on the sugar.

Photobucket

The rest of the batter, I added in some thawed corn for my daughter as she doesn't have as sweet tooth as my son.

Photobucket

I borrowed my daughter’s toy as props for it sure been a long time she had a chance to play with these. Her schedule is so jam packed that gone are the days that she has time to play. I seriously pity her for at young tender of age of 8+, her childhood is robbed.

Photobucket

Source: Cookpad

What you need:

150g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g sugar (I will increase to 100g)
2 eggs
100g yoghurt
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Method

Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.

Heat up your steamer.

Whisk eggs and sugar till foamy and add in oil. Whisk til combined.

Mixed in flour and yoghurt alternately. Ending with flour.

Divide into two batches, one for corn and the other for chocolate.

Spoon into the cupcake liner and steam for 12 - 15 mins under high heat.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I think I would just about kill for one of those right now!
    Papacheong
    http://home-cook-dishes-for-family.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to pop only 1/2 a pill instead. A cup of HK milk tea in the following monring is a must for me. It work for me to bring the itch under control for about 2 days. At least still managed to drive around. Try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colorful photo for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Papa Cheong.

    Shira, I will pop half tablet next round. Don't know why this time round, it affected me so badly.

    Aimei, I borrowed my girl's toy. Pathetic hor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin