Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day

My hubby reminded me that I had been a mom for 14 years. For the last 5 years it had been an extremely turbulence one. At least now I am able to handle it a little better than 5 years ago. I thank to all my friends all gave me so much support especially when I am down and depressed. Without your concerns and encouragements, I believe I probably had been turned into a Monster Mom by now.

The dark tunnel is already beginning to shine light. Let’s hope I can change further to ensure that my son will groom to be a better being that can contribute to the society as a responsible man.

I am also blessed that God gave me another child as well. She was like an angel sent, to balance my life. Her smile each morning brings hope to me and keeps me going just like when my boy was young.

Then again, as she grows, I witness her strong sense of determination. I began to fear that this year she will change to a stage where by I don’t know how to handle just like my first born.

I have people telling me that boys give headache when they are young but girls give headache when they reached their teens. So I guess, I need to be mentally prepared for that day.

Remember the cakes that I baked for my dad’s birthday. Actually I baked a third cake as well as it was meant for my mother.

It took me a long time to get this done as it was my first time using royal icing. I wasn’t really happy with the outcome as I think I should have done more sophisticated roses than these.

This is a Red Velvet Cake that I tried out from Chuck Hugh‘s website. I didn’t quite like it as it was too moist. Dad also finds it too sweet. As for the rest, they were okay with it.

Photobucket

With left over Purple Sweet Potatoes, I have done a batch of dessert, Tuber Trio Sweet Soup. This is really nice, something like Bubur Cha Cha.

Photobucket

To all Mothers out there, I am sure our sacrifices will pay off one fine day and we just have to give ourselves' a pat on the shoulder.

Keep it up and Happy Mother's Day.

Source: Chuck Hughes

Red Velvet Cake

What you need:

150g sugar (I will reduce this to 100g)
1 egg
168g canola oil (I will reduce this to 150g)
123g yoghurt
1 tbsp red food colouring (I will reduce this to 1/2)
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla
157g plain flour
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 deg and greased a 6" cake tin.

Mix sugar, eggs, oil, yoghurt, food colouring, vinegar and vanilla together.

Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.

Add flour mixture into eggs mixture and blended well.

Pour into tin and bake for 25 - 30 min or till cooked.

Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I super love and miss lemput udang...

    and everything else looked so yummy too!

    Happy Belated Mother's Day to you and hope all our kids will all turn out to be responsible adults which would have made our staying home for them worth it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,

    Happy Mother's Day to you!! Your cake looks awesome....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BL, Happy Belated Mother's Day to you too. Seems like you are settling in nicely in your new place. Will I get to see you this year?

    And I really hope our kids will be responsible ones and make us feel that our effort worth it.

    Mumto4Angels, thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin