Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catching up

We decided on an impromptu get away, partly because hubby will be travelling most of June holiday and a little difficult to plan for a family holiday. So with a day's leave in lieu from the Election day, he decided to take the Monday off for last weekend.

With the exam just over, I see no harm in declaring a day's off for the kids as well. After all, it is for a good cause - family bonding time. :)

We chose Kuala Lumpur because we wanted to visit a friend and his family and needless to say, to savour Malaysian food! We always enjoy Malaysian food because it is much more authentic than Singapore food and more choices.

The trip was good as this time round, we did something very different. We actually visited a FireFly park. For first timer like us, we were totally smitten by the beauty. It was like rows of Christmas trees with lights sparkling away. Indeed an eye opener for city dweller like us.

We had a great time with KC's family. Watching his kids grow, we wonder with amazement how his wife copes with three hyperactive boys! I kudo to her patience. Here is what I brought for her, Water chestnut Cake

Photobucket

This different version is different from that I tried previously. This one used a liquidiser method and thus the water chestnut flavour is more intense.

I was surprised that DK never had this before but am glad that she likes it.

On our way back, we decided to sleep over in Malacca for a night. Partly because we wanted to eat! Due to time constraint, we didn't have any Peranakan food. A pity isn't it? But we did try something different so that make up for the loss.

So now back to reality. Crossing my fingers as this week will be the result week. Let’s hope my kids do well so that this June break will have more fun time than catch up time.

BTW, I just found out that we had a cabinet reshuffle, I seriously hope they will re-look our education system. If not, tuition agencies will soon turn into billionaires.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. hey good thing that the chestnut flavor is more intense for this one. have friends who made this, and they complain of the lack of chestnut taste. have fun at ur trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith, so glad you enjoyed your trip to my home town. I have been to see fireflies before but it was in Trengganu, upper north eastern side of Malaysia. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith, I love that water chestnut cake. Have not eaten it ages! Gosh, I love your those foods posted in your header.
    Outstanding!
    Can see you have a black belt in cooking, gourmet cooking!

    You dropped by in Malacca? The last time I was there was in '96!
    Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to see fireflies... Glad that you managed to take time off...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to see fireflies... Glad that you managed to take time off...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin