Tuesday, April 05, 2011

A trying week

My dad was hospitalised again when he suddenly started to swell, over the weekend. This time not only his body was affected, his face and neck were affected as well. As you know swelling cannot be taken likely as it can block the airway and caused death. Immediately we sent him to the A&E and got him checked into the hospital. After the injection from the A&E room, the swelling at least went down and lowered the scares we had.

Today, he insisted to get discharged as he felt that the doctor is not doing anything new. The medication and the tests are all the same from the last. Since he is better now, I sent him home.

This week is really trying as hubby is also away. School project is like one after another for my girl. Funny thing is that parental guidance is needed for them to carry out the project effectively. Thus last Sat, I actually load up on poster paints, vanguard sheets, markers etc so that in the near future, everything is there when needed.

I also wanted to thank my friends (you know who you are), sending me happy notes when I am down. I really appreciated it. I am feeling much better now after last night phone call.

As you know, these days, I spent a considerably huge amount of time out of the house and thus, time management is vital for me to operate effectively.

So with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday spare time all reserved for this weekend's project. I took the opportunity this morning to prepare Belgium Waffles so that my kids can have them tomorrow as breakfast.

Photobucket

Waffles are best eaten fresh but the short lead time we have in the morning, a reheat is the only way.

I took the liberty testing one that is fresh out of the waffles maker. It was cripsy and yet fluffy. I really like it. Let's hope my kids do too.

Source: Emeril Lagasse

What you need:

280g cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
57g tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups milk
non-stick cooking spray

Method

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a second bowl use the wooden spoon to beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow.

Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine.

Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix.

In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix!

Coat the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid.

Close and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. Edith, hope you stay strong during this difficult, you'll always have my support! Take good care and hope your father have a speedy recovery. Lovely Belgium waffles! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your bad week and hope that everything will be better soon. Love the waffles...my favourite! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dad gets well soon.. Waffles looks very yummy. I too enjoy making Belgium waffles but with yeast..

    ReplyDelete
  4. those waffle look so yummy and crispy!! (: (: which waffle maker you use? im thinking of getting one :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fluffy and crispy on the edges! hope your dad gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the waffles look really delicious!

    i hope your father will recover soon! and take plenty of rest when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care pal. Hope your dad is on the recovering track. Your Belgium Waffles recipe do come just in time for me to test out my waffle maker :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your dad is better now and I wish him a speedy recovery. Really trying times for you there, trials and tribulations we face in life, from time to time. Hang in there and be strong, Edith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he's better now. You take care too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he's better now. You take care too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those waffle look so yummy and crispy!! (: (: which waffle maker you use? im thinking of getting one :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin