Saturday, April 09, 2011

A craving

I spent a good part of this week, working on my little weekend project. Guess, these days, my speed is not as great as before. Or perhaps it is because I am always out of the house and thus time management is crucial.

With it out of the way, I finally found time to make my Cheesecake Brownies. A bake that I had not done for a long time. Actually I was weighing whether to do a sponge cake which I had failed in my last attempt or to do a brownie.

My hubby being a chocolate lover (so am I), I decided that the sponge can wait for another day. Come to think about it, only my little princess is not crazy over chocolate. Not counting my prince as he is such a sugar holic, anything sweet is a welcome for him. LOLz.

This is relatively an easy recipe. In fact, I was so lazy that I just used a spoon, a whisk and two bowls to prepare this.

In the meantime, say cheez! Another weekend and I hope the weather will hold as such. Breezy.

Photobucket

What you need:

170g unsalted butter
230g bittersweet chocolate
230g sugar
4 large eggs
160g plain flour
18g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
160g chocolate chips

Cheesecake

225g cream cheese
1 large egg yolk
80g sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Method:

Preheat oven to 175 degree. Lined a 9" cake pan with greased foil.

Using microwave and at 1/2 min, melt the chocolate and butter. Stir. Repeat till chocolate melted.

Stir in sugar and beat till it dissolved.

Add in egg and beat till eggs are incorporated.

Stir in the flour and cocoa powder and salt.

Add in the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared pan. Spread evenly.

In another bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla till smooth and creamy.

Distribute the cream cheese into equal portion. (around 6 portion or 8). Using a spatula, cut into the batter and swirl round. Don't over mixed.

Bake the brownie for 35 mins or till just set.

Cool in the pan before removing.
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks fudgy and cheesy! Must be decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! You combined two of my favourite ingredients chocolate and cheese in one :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brownies look and sound delicious. It took me a while to find the recipe but I loved it when I found it. I really like your blog and will be back often. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvellous brownies! Fabulous combination too for chocolate+cheese. What a coincidence, I just made both combination today too, but instead I'm in sponge cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the thick layers of cheese tucked in between the brownie swirls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I wanted to make this earlier too! But I decided not to add cheese into my brownies. Should've read your post first and make me more tempted! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ron!

    Shirley @ Kokken69, yes my hubby likes them fudgy rather than cakey.

    Cuisine Paradise, you are right, nothing beats that right?

    The Sweetylicious, indeed.

    Mary, Thanks and have a blessed day too.

    DG, will be checking out your blog.

    Jean, yes indeed.

    Passionate About Baking, you can always bake one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the thick layers of cheese tucked in between the brownie swirls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvellous brownies! Fabulous combination too for chocolate+cheese. What a coincidence, I just made both combination today too, but instead I'm in sponge cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this looks fudgy and cheesy! Must be decadent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin