Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Can't get enough?

Though my finger is still sore from the cut but with some passion fruit juice left after the jam making session. I decided to incorporate them into my bakes to finish it all up. Seriously I know that if I left it sitting in the fridge, I will most likely end up throwing it away eventually. Thus better hit while iron is hot.

I took the recipe from my trusted blog, Do What I Like. It was supposedly to be an orange chiffon which I had success many years ago. This time round, I tweaked it into a Passion Fruit Chiffon. It turned out really good. The tang and the sweetness are just right for us. Unfortunately, I didn't use the correct pan size and ended up with a "short" cake. I love the colour that the passion fruit brings to this chiffon. Too bad I can reflect them in my picture.

Anyway, if you are game, go for this one.

Photobucket

With just a little bit juice left and not happy with the “height” of my chiffon, I went on to produce another cake.

Crazy to feed my family with so many cakes? Well not really because I intend to give a portion to my good friend JY who is such a sweet angel to help me to ferry my daughter to school daily.

I married Honey Sweet Bee's recipe with idea from the Passion Fruit Banana Jam. Tweaked it a little and voila, this Passion fruit and Banana Sour Cream Cake is born. It is really moist and yummy.

PN whom I met up for breakfast gave a thumb up for it. She even kept a slice for her son.

The only setback I felt was that I could have increased the passion fruit juice, Then again, I didn’t have that much left. Whatever it is, I will definitely keep this recipe.

Photobucket

Passion Fruit Chiffon Cake

What you need:

115g cake flour
3/4 tsp baking powd4er

85ml warm passionfruit juice

5 egg yolks
30g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt

5 egg whites
50g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

60ml corn oil (warm)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Method

Sieve flour and baking powder. Set aside.

Whisk egg yolks with castor sugar until creamy and light. Add in warm corn oil and passionfruit juice.

Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture and beat till incorporated.

Beat egg white and cream of tartar till foamy. Add in sugar slowly. Beat till stiff perks.

Pour 1/2 of egg white into flour mixture and fold in well.

Fold in the remaining egg white.

Pour batter into a 8" square pan and bake at 175 degree for 45 mins.

Invert cake during cooling.

***********

Passion Fruit and Banana Sour Cream Cake

300g cake flour
225g castor sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
220g butter
4 eggs
100g sour cream
20g milk
2 med bananas, mashed
40g passionfruit juice

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degree. Greased and line a loaf tin.

Mixed sour cream with mashed bananas.

Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in eggs (one at a time).

Add in sour cream, banana, milk and passionfruit juice. Stir till incorporated.

Add in flour and baking powder and blend in well.

Pour batter into tin and bake for 45 mins or till cooked.
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. mmm..cake looks gorgeous.
    but i cannot see the recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suhaina, which one?

    Jess, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith, both cakes look so yummy!
    i havent tried chiffon cake before, will try soon
    also u reminded me that i havent had banana cake for so long!
    thks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, love how you experiment with the recipes! Guess you found a new yummy cake recipe...will try it when innate therigjt ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the combination of banana and passionfruit sounds unique to me, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything with passion fruits and both cakes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with passion fruits and both cakes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I love passion fruit...too bad it is hard to find fresh ones here...your cakes look delicious...love them both. Hope you are having a great week Edith :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fluffy texture of this cake :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin